See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Slightly tIred hotel, but clean and comfortable. Excellent welcome, and good continental breakfast. Location good for pre- or post-ferry.

Parking very nearby, and views over Cherbourg harbour. Very reasonable rate.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 5 July 2015

Would not stay here again until the place changes hands unfortunately it was the only hotel available musky smell everywhere pets all over the place linen, wallpaper, carpet basically everything seen beter days hence 1950 probably the last time anything was updated

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2015

after reading most of the reviews of this hotel i was a little apprehensive,after staying here nearly 10 years ago. i found that the room was clean, light ,and quite large we were on the second floor with no lift but no problem and we are both pensioners.
passageways seemed clean.
what do you expect for the cost at £36.00 worth every penny

Room Tip: hotel situated in a quiet area so any room ok
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caterer15
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Extremely well located, but worst hotel we've ever stayed in. Very basic, no lift, worrying staircase, dingy reception,grubby. Animals have run of hotel including cat in kitchen and dining room chairs. Bedrooms clean but very shabby. Bathrooms wallpaper peeling, no shower curtain so toilet paper soggy from previous occupants. We couldn't sleep for worrying about lack of fire precautions (though we did see instructions re fire on our wall next morning).

Not expensive but very poor. One pillow on beds, tiny bath towels, minimal bath products, lovely lady owner but not a hotel we would consider returning to.

It was the only Cherbourg with availability when we went - we should have considered why!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank AnneBrenda
Reviewed 20 December 2008

Awaiting overnight for a Ferry, an Irish Ferries staff member kindly gave me a brochure listing all the Hotels in Town and I picked this as being one close to car parking. It just happened to be the first I contacted by phone. As requested I drove directly to the hotel.
I became a little concerned at check-in, when the lady at reception was unable to change a 50Euro note (the price was 36Euro).
The room was small, very basic, somewhat threadbare and musty smelling so I opened a window as soon as I arrived (Mid afternoon). When I returned someone had entered my room and closed it.
Do you remember the Grease-proof type of toilet paper beloved of the more cash-strapped and underfunded institutions in the 1960's? You know, the type that is like brown tracing paper that has no soakage properties?
I didn't know it was still available, but unless the hotel has hoarded vast quantities, be afraid, be very afraid.
I was met on my arrival downstairs by a large cat and also by a dog both of which seemed to have the freedom of the hotel and not doing much to bolster my opinion of the hygiene standards prevailing.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo