All reviews rented a car breakfast was included self service hot water good size one night transformation sites france stopover reception port ferry wifi
Reviewed 14 August 2018

On our way to Brittany from UK and decided to stop here for 1 night.Food good - decent evening meal & Breakfast. Nice small swimming pool to relax in after the long journey. Ample parking as wellBeds rather firm!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Novotel-Caen14, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Caen Cote de Nacre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear Stsouthy,
Thank you very much for your comment and we hope to see you next year !!
Best Reagards,

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Nice clean Hotel, Excellent location, and very nice breakfast.One particular member of staff very unhelpful. I was on the WW1 battlefield tour, and had a nasty fall at the Tyne Cott memorial and badley damaged my Elbow.The Leger coach dropped me off at the hospital on they return journey, where it was x rayed and tightly bound. They gave me medication to reduce the swelling, with the proviso I took it with food.
When I got to the hotel I asked if i could have a sandwich or something. The lady said The restaurant is closed. I said that i did not want much, and she went away. Later she arrived back and plonked 2 slices of dry bread (No butter) and 2 slices of cheese in front of me.
Before i retired to bed I requested a double gin and tonic. That will be 18 Euros she said. £18 for a gin and Tonic, I think not. I of course refused to pay. She then said I have been nothing but trouble, and they were refusing to server me any more. At £18 for a gin and tonic?

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Novotel-Caen14, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Caen Cote de Nacre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Mr Derek ,
Thank you for leaving your experience , and we apologize about the behavior of this person in staff restaurant.
the Restaurant manager will be informed about this and see with the staff directly.
For the gin tonic is 8.50 € so 17.00€ for a double , price are available at the bar before order.
We are sorry about this trouble , it's diddn't reflect our service in normal time.
Best regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Stayed here for two nights, to show our grandson the DDay sites. Very nice stay, hotel quiet, with nice sized rooms. Only had breakfast, which was the usual Novotel breakfast but very nice. Staff very friendly and helpful, Would visit again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Saintbay12,
Thanks for sharing your nexperience in our hotel on the web site tripadvisor.com
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2018

had a great stay at this hotel. I had dinner in the restaurant which was really good. Service was amazing and really friendly. I will be back to this hotel for sure. The staff are all really great . Bed comfortable and good selection for breakfast

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Novotel-Caen14, Directeur général at Novotel Caen Cote de Nacre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear guest, thanks for your very positive feedback! We really appreciate and we hope to see you again in Novotel Caen Côte de Nacre!
Best regards.
JC BECAM

Reviewed 13 July 2018

We rented a car and stayed here 3 nights since we were visiting the DDay sites.

Pro:
- Free parking;
- friendly staff;
- delicious buffet breakfast (kids eat free) for an additional fee and well worth it;
- spacious rooms;
- clean;
- more affordable than staying in city centre;
- pool (teens loved it after a busy day of touring sites)
- lots of outdoor patio seating;
- quiet;
- excellent location for routes to DDay sites
- safe
- hot water despite four showers in the morning
- recently renovated

Cons: none

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Novotel-Caen14, Directeur général at Novotel Caen Cote de Nacre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear customer, thank you very much for your warm comments!
Best regards