“Our birthday celebration ”
Review of La Courtine

La Courtine
Ranked #16 of 507 Restaurants in Caen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2015 via mobile

We had dinner here because our BNB host reserved this place for my son and me. We have got English translation of today's menu which we did not understand well. The menu was terrific.

Reviewed 22 February 2015

this was the third time I came. I am always happy to choose the slate menu (different every time). the products are fresh, good and well presented. meals are balanced. the dishes are so well explained that give the mouth water.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was the best meal of our month-long trip through Europe! Simply divine. The freshest ingredients with abundant flavor and the best brownie (served with ice cream) that I’ve ever eaten. EVER!!! Seriously! My only disappointment was that I couldn’t take a few dozen home with me. The rest of our meal was equally wonderful – a great salad with apples and crayfish – and then a lovely veal with potatoes and tomato ratatouille that all went together beautifully. The restaurant is small (only 10-12 tables and one seating per night) but beautifully appointed and cozy. Their attention to detail is admirable. Reservations are recommended. La Courtine is the place for a most memorable meal while in Caen.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Tourisme dans la region
I have been really estonished by the welcoming of the whole staff.
Despite I am a spicey food addict.
I have really enjoyed the traditionnal french specialité ,the presentation etc...
In one word , it was just great!! .

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We came across this little gem by chance, having walked into town for 15 mins from our hotel.
It was almost full, even on a midweek evening,which was a good sign. Not a tourist in site, we got by on basic French and were rewarded with smiles and excellent service from the manager. A simple, but delicious,3 course meal with wine came to 58 euros. Couldn't fault it.

1  Thank Michael T