“Good Wine & Food”

Ranked #20 of 101 Restaurants in Bayeux
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stopped here for a lunch of wine, cheese, and meats. Mostly locals since it's off the main road. The wine and meats and cheeses were all very good. They were slicing the meats and cheeses right there at the bar. The place is small and menu has limited English but we were able to fumble through with some bad French. This place is also a wine store/cellar and to get to the small restaurant you need to enter through the wine store. I was also able to pick up two 375ml bottles of calvados.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I described what wine we liked and the server (I think owner?) gave us tasters to see which one we wanted a glass of, it was fantastic wine. Also great wine cellar upon entry that we had to buy bottles from, we couldn’t resist. The meat and cheese platter was so delicious, they were all unique meats and cheeses to the Normandy area and it’s exactly what we wanted to experience in northern France. We were surrounded by locals so I don’t think it’s highly visited by tourists. 100% recommend for couples of any age or friends travelling together.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

My husband and I happened upon Le Bouchon while walking in Bayeux and it was an amazing find. Although we speak no French and the staff for the evening spoke little English, we enjoyed a wonderful glass of wine and the most delicious array of cheeses and meats. The setting is lovely and the slicer is something to behold. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We were in Bayeux for the tapestry museum and were hungry for lunch after a morning there. Walking about the center we came upon a wonderful smell of well cooked food and followed our noses to this small cafe. It seats fewer than 20 people but luckily there were two seats open at the bar. Very tasty and reasonably priced specials for entrees and mains. And don't miss a stop in the wine shop that the cafe is attached to as they have some very nice wines.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

We spotted this establishment during walking from the car park close by and decided it was a must visit.

Our particular attraction was the guests eating lunch around the bar area where you mingle and watch your food being cooked - so unique!

Also particularly unique was the way you walk through the wine shop to then enter the eating area.

The menu was written on a chalk board with a set menu of €13 for starter and main , both with 2 choices. Obviously being a wine shop the wine choices were plentiful.

We had an engaging conversation with the owner. He was most charming and exceedingly handsome ( we all couldn't keep my eyes off him!) which further accented his passion for his business as he explained how it all began.

There are only 2 staff and both looked after us well with wonderful home cooked style in a well kept restaurant and away from all the tourists !

I wish the owner well with the business he deserves success.