Open today: 08:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Amazing Trip with an Amazing Guide

My father booked an all-day private tour with our family to see all the historical sites around... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
alejjjj123
Olivier was outstanding - friendly, funny and knowledgeable

We booked a two-day private tour with Olivier on November 10-11. Nov 11 was Armistice Day, and the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Trey W
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Recommended experiences in and around Bayeux
from US$116.00
from US$127.60
from US$690.20
from US$69.60
More Info
All reviews private tour american cemetery full day tour great tour train station omaha beach d day beaches normandy tour great sense of humor bucket list angoville au plain knowledgeable guide visual aids his knowledge comfortable van personal stories pointe du hoc
Reviewed 27 March 2018

For our last day in France - we took the RER train from Paris to Bayeux where our guide, Olivier, was waiting for us with the van. He took our family of four (2 adults, 2 teenage daughters) to Omaha beach, Point Du Hoc, the American Cemetery, Marie St. Eglise (where we had lunch), Utah Beach, and several other smaller sites. He did an excellent job of bringing together the battle plan and relating it to what we were seeing. He also threw in many fun facts and bits of history that made it enjoyable for even my teenage daughters. Olivier would give us an introduction to an area and then would give us time to explore the area by ourselves (usually for 10-30 minutes depending on the site). He was always available for questions and directed us to the best lunch we had our entire time in France. At the end he took us directly back to our train station. Only advice - be sure to book your RER train ticket to Bayeux ASAP as you'll get a cheaper rate, Excellent tour - highly recommend.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Although my teenage son and I booked a last minute trip to Normandy, we were so fortunate to have Olivier accommodate us. He personally guided us, spending his whole day making sure that we were educated on the historical facts including personal stories of bravery and sacrifice. His passion and knowledge surpassed any exceptions we had. Our day with Olivier, visiting Omaha Beach, Utah Beach, the American Cemetery and historical spots along the coast as well as in town, were emotional and stirring. His knowledge, respect and passion showed with every careful detail as he walked us back to that fateful day and beyond. If your interested in the experience that is Normandy, you will most definitely want Olivier to guide you.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I booked a tour for myself on January the 15th and I had an amazing time. Olivier is a great guy, he knows everything and can answer any question you ask him, he is a really talkative and considerate and he knows how to hook you on from the start taking it slowly and showing you little by little on every place you visit. He does not rush you and gives you plenty of time to take pictures, to explore the sites and sink in the moment which is key when visiting such a place. I did the American tour on January 15th and Im sure I will do the British tour in the future with him.
5/5

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Matias D
Reviewed 18 December 2017

The morning of our tour, a larger tour company canceled on us. We were already on the train from Paris to Bayeux! I rushed to send out at least twenty emails to other tour companies in the area, and I'm so happy Olivier responded with the good news that we could take a private tour with him. We had such a great time and learned so much about D-Day! Thank you for a great day, Olivier!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Olivier was an excellent story teller and guide for our journey back to D-Day. I knew very little nuance of the D-Day invasion and Olivier definitely piqued my interest. My wife and I spent a whole day on a private tour with him on a cloudy cool September day. We were not only introduced to the main attractions of the American Cemetery, Omaha Beach, Utah Beach, St. Mere Eglise but also little out of the way spots that had historical significance during the Normandy campaign.

Date of experience: September 2017