“Brilliant”
Review of Normandy44 Tours

Normandy44 Tours
Ranked #4 of 44 Tours in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: Group tours full day or half day / Private tours on the Landing beaches
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Thank you Joe you made this tour. Very informative and well worth the money. 10/10 for your and more for Joe. X

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
"personal stories"

Reviewed 27 March 2018

For our last day in France - we took the RER train from Paris to Bayeux where our guide, Olivier, was waiting for us with the van. He took our family of four (2 adults, 2 teenage daughters) to Omaha beach, Point Du Hoc, the American Cemetery, Marie St. Eglise (where we had lunch), Utah Beach, and several other smaller sites. He did an excellent job of bringing together the battle plan and relating it to what we were seeing. He also threw in many fun facts and bits of history that made it enjoyable for even my teenage daughters. Olivier would give us an introduction to an area and then would give us time to explore the area by ourselves (usually for 10-30 minutes depending on the site). He was always available for questions and directed us to the best lunch we had our entire time in France. At the end he took us directly back to our train station. Only advice - be sure to book your RER train ticket to Bayeux ASAP as you'll get a cheaper rate, Excellent tour - highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Although my teenage son and I booked a last minute trip to Normandy, we were so fortunate to have Olivier accommodate us. He personally guided us, spending his whole day making sure that we were educated on the historical facts including personal stories of bravery and sacrifice. His passion and knowledge surpassed any exceptions we had. Our day with Olivier, visiting Omaha Beach, Utah Beach, the American Cemetery and historical spots along the coast as well as in town, were emotional and stirring. His knowledge, respect and passion showed with every careful detail as he walked us back to that fateful day and beyond. If your interested in the experience that is Normandy, you will most definitely want Olivier to guide you.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I booked a tour for myself on January the 15th and I had an amazing time. Olivier is a great guy, he knows everything and can answer any question you ask him, he is a really talkative and considerate and he knows how to hook you on from the start taking it slowly and showing you little by little on every place you visit. He does not rush you and gives you plenty of time to take pictures, to explore the sites and sink in the moment which is key when visiting such a place. I did the American tour on January 15th and Im sure I will do the British tour in the future with him.
5/5