We were greeted at the desk by Madame who was charming and helpful w/ my high school French. She took us to our rooms which had wide open windows and blowing drapes. We had a huge two person sized tub and our friends had an enormous glass shower. The rooms had all the amenities but seemed like a flash to the past w/ delightful wallpaper, armoirs and bedspreads. It was cool and the heavy comforters felt great.
Breakfast was French (thin sliced cured meats, croissants, fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, and hot coffee,tea, or chocolate), not American. But we had travelled to France and expected a French breakfast. Isn't that part of the joy of traveling.
The grounds are incredibly relaxing. We drank, we ate, we saw the sites. We'll be back.
Henri, madames beautiful little dog was enjoyed by all. Thank you for welcoming us into your home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here the life of the château can be experienced every day: wood panelling, fireplaces, mouldings. We have preserved the 18th century spirit which is carried through into our park with its 200-year-old trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Chateau De Bellefontaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Bayeux
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Hotel