1,346 results
All reviews hotel barriere modern hotel old town huge bath minute walk floor to ceiling gourmet restaurant eurostar station room service five star hotel city centre excellent hotel main restaurant business hotel cold meats checking in mini bar
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I booked for our whole family - 3 rooms - to stay overnight after crossing the channel on the way to the south of France, and also on the return trip - what a fortunate piece of hotel booking that was. I took all the credit going from the family!

The service was better than superb and totally consistent whoever we met at either end of the days we arrived/left. The colleagues - in whatever role they are doing - are obviously exceptionally well trained, fast, productive and go out of their way to naturally serve in whatever way possible.

I have stayed in many hotels across Europe and further afield. Some at three of four times the price. None come close to Hotel Barriere. The rooms are stunning, we were upgraded without even asking and I've paid more in a Travelodge. A local restaurant was recommended, with a discount, that was as good as the hotel.

We will now look out for others in the chain in whatever destination we are travelling to.

Don't bother looking for anywhere else to stay in Lille - just go here.

Congratulations and be proud of what you achieve and how you go about. You are all a credit to yourself. Well done.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Patricia_LEGROS, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Lille, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Sir,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will transmit your comments to our team. I'm sure these comments will stimulate our entire team which continually strives to improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Last minute trip with friends. Hotel short walking distance to Euro station. Five minutes walk to city centre. Arrived mid morning and was able to check in and leave our bags in one of the rooms, which was ready.

Room Tip: Air conditioned, modern rooms, with coffee machine, hairdryer, robes and slippers
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Patricia_LEGROS, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Lille, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I thank you very much for taking time to give us your feedback regarding your stay in our hotel.
I hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This hotel is a comfortable overnight stop and well situated before or after taking the tunnel. The staff are all very pleasant, the rooms spacious and well appointed, and the internet very fast. If you park your car at the hotel's entrance a valet will put it in the garage for you.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear tmg513,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

a five-star hotel, sounded a bit grand for me, however I found a really good price online and booked a couple of nights there for my trip back from Europe to allow me to stopover before rushing to the Eurotunnel back to the UK.

Lille the town is a little disappointing but the hotel was far from disappointing, I'm always a little nervous when I go to places I haven't been before because I want to be sure that all my access equipment (travel hoist, powerchair etc) can use the place and, of course, that the beds etc are comfortable (even if they are accessible). When we got here though we had a bit of a problem, the hoist wouldn't fit in the gap under the bed, before I knew it someone had phoned housekeeping and a lovely lady came and took one look and went off to get longer legs for the bed… Who knew divan beds had detachable legs to make them more accessible? And anyway, it was adjusted in no time at all and was perfect.

The toilet was luxurious and well appointed, the shower was fabulous (they will lend you a chair if you need one) and the hotel as a whole was very wheelchair accessible and the staff were extremely helpful.

Someone even comes around in the evening and offers to tidy your room up and turn the bed down and get everything ready for you to go to sleep, it's a brilliant service you receive here.

I did not use the casino but I expect it was also excellent.

if you're looking for a spot to stopover on your way to or from the ferries or the Eurotunnel then I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel if you can afford it. It's eye-wateringly expensive if you don't get an online deal.

I didn't particularly like Lille but the hotel was excellent and I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julian F
Patricia_LEGROS, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Lille, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Sir,

I will transmit your comments to our team. I'm sure it will stimulate our entire team which continually strives to improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Lovley hotel staff are amazing and helpful... the food is brillant.. we even got given a free bottle of bubbly as my travel agent told them it was our 1st wedding anniversary... the gym is basic but enough in there sauna and steam are great and all free to use... theres a casino built onto it as well brilliant fun with a few beers... room service a bit dear but breakfast in bed

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Patricia_LEGROS, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Lille, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Mister Jason B,