“Exquisite Moroccan food”
Review of La Menara

La Menara
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
La Menara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 1,570 Restaurants in Lille
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2017

While we were at Lille we stepped into this hidden gem for lunch. The exteriors is a bit unassuming but the interiors is quaint. We did not realise that it was a Moroccan restaurant until we saw the menu. Off course we had the lamb tagine. It was plate licking delicious. The recommended Moroccan red wine was a perfect accompaniment. The service, even though they didn't speak English, was courteous and warm. On the whole we had and not excellent experience at La Menara. Highly recommend it.

There are newer reviews for La Menara

Reviewed 16 September 2016

The outside menu looked good, we grabbed a table on the terrace. Ordered our food, a tajine, but wanted couscous instead of bread. After a very long wait, we received the wrong order, waitress didn't notice. When brought to her attention, she said she had placed the order for what we wanted....so we waited another interminable amount of time (husband wanted to leave) to receive the right item. Meanwhile the couscous sat on the table to grow cold...plus we got the bread we didn't want. Nothing taken off the bill, we wouldn't return.

1  Thank Ecowoman
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

I really do not like to write negative reviews ; here I'm just trying to objectively report my experience.
My tagine was really fade and tasteless.... It seems like their cuisine is standardised and lack of authenticity... Certain clients might like it that way.
If you like Mediterranean flavours I would suggest to avoid this Restaurant.
In addition, differently from other Competitors, no free finger food as starter.
Finally the mint tea and the end of the dinner was served as a single glass without leaving us the tea pot, like everybody does, at least in Belgium.
The service was nice and polite.
I do not recommend the place and will not go back.

1  Thank franko_bsw
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

We went for a evening meal. The food was ok, but service very slow. In the end we had to get up to pay, and did not end up having dessert/coffees which we had originally wanted - in fact our table wasn't cleared after we finished our mains for an hour and we were not offered dessert menu although we tried to catch the eye of waitress. Unfortunately our waitress was rather rude. Quite upsetting experience which would have otherwise been a nice meal out.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Very busy but lots of helpful waiters. Food arrived very timely. We sat outside to begin with but it got cold so moved inside with no problem. Surprisingly large inside with tall ceilings and nice decor.

I had the chicken tagine with five fruits. The proportion was all wrong. Too much fruit and little chicken on the bone. They should have doubled the chicken. Nevertheless very tasty. My wife had the lamb and said it was delicious

Deserts were good. I would have liked to have seen the table wiped clean and more paper napkins given out. I did see what I presumed was the manager sit down with guests which Gordon Ramsey might have a choice word to say, but otherwise he did clear plates and deliver food.