“Meat lovers restaurant”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dalbade
Reviewed 18 September 2015

If you like steak you'll like this restaurant. I had a lovely meal here recently. It's not the cheapest place to eat but you get what you pay for. The service is good, attentive but low key. It was my second time eating there and it was as good as I remembered.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

We were recommended to try this restaurant by a young local couple we were talking to on the previous evening. It's on a lively street a small distance away from the main city square. We were quite early on a Wednesday evening and would have sat on the terrace but all those tables were reserved. The service was friendly and speedy if a little chaotic but the atmosphere was lively and we enjoyed our visit. Our steaks arrived several minutes before the wine and were tasty but not particularly tender.

Reviewed 8 September 2015

I went to L'Annexe de la Braisière, for an 'apéritif dinatoire' as we like to call it in France.
L'Annexe is a tapas restaurant on Rue Pharaon which is the sister restaurant of La Braisière, an institution in Toulouse if you like South Western cuisine with a convivial spirit.

My friends and I ordered a few tapas : razor clams, serrano mix, patatas braisas, salmon and mango tartare, scallops and avocado tartare, pan fried scallops and duck heart skewers.
We started the apéritif dinatoire with some razor clams. I am always scared to order them, as sometimes they have a very strong iodised taste and they are not properly washed, so they have bits of sand. These were perfectly washed, seasoned and cooked.
The second dish was the serrano mix, nothing can really go wrong with a mix of charcuterie...especially if you have a nice bottle of red wine served with it.
The apéritif continued with salmon and mango tartare which was light and quite unusual. I really like this combination and will definitely try to do the same at home when I'm back in London.
The scallop, avocado and lime tartare was ok, it tasted a bit like a ceviche but it was a bit bland. It needed more seasoning or maybe a little kick of spice somehow.
Three and a half bottles later we had some scallops and duck hearts cooked on a plancha. This time the scallop dish was good, perfectly pan fried and seasoned with parsley.
I am a huge fan of duck meat: foie gras, breast, confit, scratchings... but I never ate duck hearts before that night. The hearts had a very strong taste, it was not my cup of tea but the dish was well executed. To compliment our last plates we ordered some patatas braisas, it was good but they could have been a bit more generous with the sauce.

Overall I had a very good night at L'Annexe, it was a great way to start my night in Toulouse with my friends, some wine and excellent tapas. The experience could have been better if we were seated outside as it was a bit very noisy inside and slightly hot - reminder for next time : request an outside table when I book.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

Small restaurant located in a rather hip area of Toulouse spread over several rooms on two floors of a house + outside terrace on the street. They have a real charcoal grill in the middle of the restaurant where you can see how your meat is grilled. Good service, good wine list, good food. When we were there the atmosphere was a bit noisy (saturday night)

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 22 July 2015

Staying on the edge of town and quite hungry this restaurant was highly recommended to us - weren't we lucky They managed to find us a table on a busy Sunday evening (we were quite early) and proceeded to serve us with just the right level of friendly attentiveness. We love meat and there was such a good selection it was hard to choose - we were both a little disappointed that it wasn't quite as tender as we prefer. The flavour was great. Brilliant choice, we loved the ambience and would hope to return on our next trip remebering to book first.

Date of visit: July 2015