All reviews great view public areas double bed stayed for one night air conditioning blinds views valley france meats jams
Reviewed 14 September 2015

We stayed for only one night at this excellent 2 star hotel. The view is spectacular and the rooms although not huge are very good for the money one pays. The set 3 course 18 Euro per head meal was brilliant value with all 3 courses being very good. The confit duck was as good as I've tasted anywhere. After a week in France this was the best meal we'd had. I'm glad I don't live near this hotel as I fear I'd be in there every night for dinner

Room Tip: Valley view is worth paying extra for
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2015

i knew this would be a simpler hotel, but I actually quite liked it. Super convenient parking out back, incredible views, and my room was light and bright (and clean). A staff member was helpful - showed me the different options for getting down to Rocamadour. The food was good- both dinner and breakfast. 3 or 4 stars - I feel like they provided what they advertised, and the quality of the food was a pleasant surprise. I would have stayed another night. Arriving in the late afternoon as crowds were receding in the area was great! You can relax and enjoy the great views, or visit the sites when it's quieter. There's a walking path right next to the hotel, but only useful if you can make the hike back up!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2015

This hotel was situated up on a bluff with great views of the village. The morning we were there we watched some ballooners launch from the valley. The balloon ride was too expensive for my blood. The hotel was better than average. My wife and I had a double bed in a fairly small room. Very clean and quiet. The restaurant had a tremendous view and the food was good. Very young staff which didn't seem to be very experienced with serving. Take your French book because the young girl does not speak a lick' of English.
It is a short walk to the city. If you drive to the fortress, there are elevators (for a fee) down to village.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2015

Enjoyed my stay at this modest hotel overlooking the spectacular medieval town nestled in the valley wall. Pleasant room, very quiet and enjoyed a good nights sleep. The restaurant below provided an excellent meal - great views as well from the outdoor patio. Really nice basic hotel - good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a fantastic location overlooking the mediaeval city rather than being located within, though it is still only a pleasant 10 minute walk to get to the medieval city. The views are stunning, the restaurant is good, pretty reasonable and very popular. The rooms are quite basic but are reasonably priced. Staff were friendly and attentive. A very pleasant experience overall.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends