“Hotel St. Suzanne - Pleasant but basic.”

Hotel Sainte Suzanne
Ranked #98 of 186 Hotels in Lourdes
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

We used this three star hotel for our group of Pilgrims. 3 night stay. The hotel is well located with a nice view of the PAU River, if you're lucky enough to have a room facing the river. I stayed in a single room facing the river. Room is small but adequate. Shower and "bath room", if you can call it that is minuscule. I barely managed to turn around in the bath room, never mind the shower. But again, being on a pilgrimage we do not expect Hyatt standards and this is typical European sizes. Breakfast is basic and nothing to get excited about. Dinner is tasty and decent but you may go hungry so carb up on the bread on offer. Hotel in general is clean and staff are helpful. Cleaning service each day and you can also opt to have your room made up each day or not. Stairwell and lift services.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 June 2015

I take a group of up to 50 pilgrims to Lourdes each May and once again this year this hotel has really looked after us. From delaying the evening meal for us as we were arriving later in the evening to helping us when we have had issues in the group such as broken glasses and dentures!! Some of the rooms have been updated and are really comfortable and the WI-Fi is now free and covers the whole hotel. The food was good and loads of it and they really went out of their way for those with dietary issues. If you are planning a trip to Lourdes get in touch with Bernadette at this hotel and she will really take care of you!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank MrC45
Reviewed 5 June 2015

I haven't stayed at the Ste Suzanne for 30 Years & as this is a special Year for our Diocese I thought I would go to see if any changes have been made & sure enough they had the owner a Lovely Lady has had the whole Hotel Refurbished, I was on the 5th floor in a double room with en-suite at the side of the hotel but I had a view of the main street & river. Breakfast was continental & Lunch & Dinner were 4 course Meals I would say it would take about 10 minutes on the flat to walk to the domain I thoroughly enjoyed our week there.

Room Tip: My room was at the side but it was quiet
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have stayed at a few hotels in Lourdes over the years and none come close to matching this one. Its in a great location just a few minutes from the Domain and some great bars and café's, the rooms are really comfortable and clean and the food is superb and plentiful!! The staff are really helpful. I take a group of 30+ to Lourdes every year and the owners do so much to help organise our pilgrimage even before we arrive. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else and cant recommend this hotel enough!

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the Gave. The rooms on the 1st and 7th floor have balcony's!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MrC45
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Staff very friendly and helpful in this hotel that is a short walk from the Grotto at Lourdes. It is on the river and has shops and bars all around. I stayed on a full board basis and this is my fifth visit. The food is truly French and always of a good standard. The hotel caters for groups as well as individuals, adults and school groups alike. The rooms are basic but have improved each time I have visited. I will return to this hotel on my next visit to Lourdes.

Room Tip: Front facing to get a view of the river and mountains.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends