“Lovely restaurant, food, ambience and pationate, friendly staff.”
Review of La Diligence

La Diligence
Ranked #88 of 1,478 Restaurants in Montpellier
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Comédie
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Please read all the positive reviews already listed. This restaurant is a "must do" .
Yes it it a little more expensive, but a lovely experience.
I would like to thank the staff for helping us have a great evening.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely setting, very friendly staff and the food was exquisite! The first time that we tried a more expensive restaurant abroad and we are very happy we chose La Diligence. If you want a more refined diner I would really recommend the inspiration menu from the chef!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I went with my cousin, we got the tasting menu. We expected 7 courses but did expect thouse to include amuse bouche and petit fours. The food we got was lovely and the wine was lovely but for €95 it was steap for the amount of food we recieved. There is better value to be had.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

We booked this restaurant for New Year's eve so maybe this review is not representative of the quality offered on any given day. However, if the staff can pull off such a busy and demanding night so well, one can be pretty certain that they are not likely to be disappointed. Overall, unexpected combinations of tastes, interesting presentations of dishes, and superb professional service with a touch of friendliness. Very happy with our choice!.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Situated on a quiet little place not Farbe from Montpellier's Comédie, this wonderful restaurant offers auch delightful dining experience. I arrived around 8:45 p.m. and was able to get a table even without reservation. The restaurant quickly filled up after my arrivee. The atmosphere underneath the vaulted gothic ceiling is stylish yet pleasantly calm. The service is very attentive and knowledgeable. The Chef de cuisine himself came by several times to ask if I had any questions.
I first had a glass of champagne, they offered some fresh sesame bread sticks with a tasty sweet potato cream. The amuse-geule were subtle seines of raw red beets with a fish cream - very appetizing.
Starter: Oysters (one baked with herb salsa, one raw with lavender-herb ice-cream).
Main course: Veal with creamy topinambur puree, mushrooms, blini and an incredibly aromatic sauce with wine.
Dessert: Tarte auch chocolat - I was very sceptical at first because they used smoked Tiger Tea in the preparation, but it was really exciting. The supple chocolate taste was balanced quite well with that rather unusual smoky flavour. Combine that with a firework of textures - brittle crocante, creamy chocolate, sticky dough... need I go on? With the main course I had a full bodied Pinot Noir.
To clear the palate they they served a small glass of pleasantly refreshing rose sorbet.
I closed off this wonderful dinner with coffee (espresso). They served it with some sweet temptations and before leaving I was even given a little cake to take home!
After serving the coffee the staff kind of forgot about me because they were busy with the other customers but I wouldn't hold that against them.
I paid 70 Euro for this exceptional dinner - totally worth it.