All reviews train station loft apartment wifi code bar fridge choice at breakfast few minutes walk modern hotel lovely terrace european hotels close to town place de la comedie rooms are small adequate size cold meats nespresso machine highly recommend this hotel reception staff
Reviewed 31 July 2016

This is an easy walk from the train station and the room rates are very reasonable. We stayed in one of the apartments across the street, the loft, and it was incredibly spacious, much bigger than we needed. A few minor drawbacks are the train noise throughout the night. There are likely rooms within the hotel building that you could request that are away from the tracks. The area around the hotel and the tracks seemed slightly sketchy at night. It was probably fine but I was on more alert than normal as the lighting isn't great around the area. Also, not a big deal as they stored our bags, but our room was not available at the stated check-in time.

Super easy walk into the historical area of town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Spent 3 nights here. Welcoming and informative receptionist. Centrally located. Stayed on 6th Floor. decent size room with all the amenities required. No external noise. Comfortable bed. Breakfast ok, cost 10 euro each. Car park for about 10/12 cars cost 10 euro per night.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelpE8471FS
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Easy to find , close to the centre of Montpellier . Reasonable value . Staff helpful and friendly - secure parking on site a bonus for us as we were driving through to Spain . Didn't have the breakfast so can't comment on the food

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2016

I stayed here for several nights whilst on a solo working in the city.

Location is great if you're coming in via train, as its a 5 min walk. Signage out of the station isn't as clear as it could be, as you are faced with a confusing choice of routes at different levels, some of which you don't find are blocked off until you've already walked down them! So do double-check your route in high-zoom on the map beforehand! Also bear in mind that the hotel is on the opposite side of a monstrous 1960s shopping-anchored development which is extremely difficult & confusing to navigate through to get to the main city centre & historic quarter - so if that's where you want to spend your time there are probably better options.

I arrived late in the evening from the train station and got stuck at check-in behind some guests who occupied the single receptionist with lots of very lengthy questions, but to be fair she checked me in at the first opportunity she had. Every other interaction I had with the reception staff was friendly & efficient.

The room was very small and had a slightly odd layout, with the shower directly off the main room, the loo in a separate cubicle next to the room door and the handbasin in the main room opposite the bed (I've not stayed in a hotel that had that since the 1980s!). That said, the shower was spacious, good quality and hot lots of hot water. The room was generally well appointed, with a good mini-fridge and excellent coffee & tea-making facilities. It was also really clean, although on my last day the room had developed a slight drain smell (although it had been very hot for several days and isn't that unusual phenomenon in European hotels). My main disappointment was having asked for a quiet room on booking (as I'm a light sleeper) to find my room directly overlooked a really busy double-decker railway line (tram on top, freight & TGVs underneath). The vibration really shook the room and it was v noisy even with 2 layers of double-glazed windows up to about midnight and again from around 4am, so I didn't sleep well at all. Unfortunately the hotel was completely full so they weren't able to change my room :( Which is a shame as the bed was actually very comfortable.

Breakfast was just about passable. There was a reasonable choice, but it was all pre-made which was a real disappointment as I was really looking forward to local French bread, croissants, etc. If I stayed here again I wouldn't buy the breakfast, and instead would eat out locally.

The patio on the 3rd floor is nice, if not the most relaxing given the noise from the trams & trains!

Would I stay here again? I wouldn't rule it out but it depends: if I needed to be near the station I might, but otherwise I think I'd look around at other options.

Room Tip: if you're a light sleeper then def ask for a room AWAY from the trams & trains when you book!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Attention! Some rooms (apartments) situated on the other side of the building; there are 3 floors and no lift till the end (loft or whatever). They are not informing in advance, there is no specification on booking.com. If you have heavy suite cases and small kids you can't use it. The staff are not so friendly and ready to understand the situation and make necessary adjustments. We were lucky to change the apartment due to the fact that the owner was presented at that moment (!).

Otherwise clean, cosy and modern hotel near the railway station (don't need taxi). We stay here every time when travel to the South. Location is very close to all restaurants, bars and shopping area.

Room Tip: For the family with kids the best apartements are in "Patio" (it's a building just infront of the main entrance, on the 1st floor).
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family