“An Interesting Restaurant”

Ranked #27 of 87 Restaurants in Collioure
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The town of Colliure is spectacular and quaint - which is substantially what attracted us to the restaurant for it, too, is certainly quaint. It's interior is quite small but it was packed and we got the last two seats. The back of the restaurant looks too small to accommodate a kitchen let alone the five or so serving staff but, on reflection, the kitchen is probably on an upper floor served by a "dumb waiter" lift. i mention these details because the place is so unusual. I had a set 3 course lunch which, in the main, was excellent despite the fact that my main course (fish of some type) should have been hotter. And as I had fish my main platter should have been garnished with some sort of accompaniment sauce - but it wasn't. My wife enjoyed her entrecote steak and overall we were about satisfied with the quality of the food.The service was excellent as the team of waitresses worked very hard as there were a substantial number of customers outside, The ambience was good and we both enjoyed the experience I thought that is was an unusual establishment, even for France, and a place I will remember...

1  Thank hibees43

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We went here for dinner. They offer a 3 course menu for 18 euros with several choices. Quality of food was good and the service quick and attent.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

My wife and l ate here last month in the evening based on it being full at lunch time.
The restaurant is in a pleasant place in the small square behind the waterfront.
It is quite hard to fault the staff or food but comparing it to some of the competition around it doesn't fare too well.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We loved everything about this place. The food was wonderful and it was served with authenticity and care.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Don't you find that restaurant quality and value is often inversely proportional to the touristic attractiveness of its setting? That is not the case with Le Tremail.
We were warmly welcomed and seated at the last empty table. Not a bad sign for this time of year! The set menus offered interesting choices at sensible prices. The waitress immediately identified our origin before a word was spoken and explained the specials of the day in perfect English. Then she smiled indulgently when we responded and placed our orders in my wobbly French. Several times French people have asked me to speak English because they can't understand my French but I am persevering. Maybe "Allo allo" was not the best learning medium.
The food came before we had finished our aperitif of the lovely Banyuls, and it was delicious and plentiful. The desserts were yummy and even the coffee was spot on.
The whole lot for two came to less than some of the main courses at one of the restaurants we looked at, and we left mighty contented!