Best Western Hotel Le Donjon(Carcassonne Center)
US$153
  • Restaurant
Hotel du Chateau(Carcassonne Center)
US$238
US$395
US$353
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel des Trois Couronnes(Carcassonne Center)
US$129
  • Pool
Hotel du Pont Vieux(Carcassonne Center)
US$129
US$126
Hotel de la Bastide(Carcassonne Center)(Great Value!)
US$71
Hotel Montmorency(Carcassonne Center)
US$120
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Campanile Carcassonne Est - La Cite(Carcassonne Center)(Great Value!)
US$83
Hotel Espace Cite(Carcassonne Center)
US$86
US$103
US$100
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

All reviewsold bridgewalled cityminute walkperfect locationbreakfast was excellentfree parkingbathfoothost10mincastlefrenchcarcassonne
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Beautiful B and B in a great location- half way between the Old Town and the 'newer' part of the city.

We arrived and were shown to our rooms by the host. I asked him to carry my case to the room as it was 2 flights up and I had injured my hand. Firstly he showed us to our rooms. I was in Prince Noir which was absolutely lovely- huge, truly huge, tastefully decorated in neutral tones.

I waited for my case to come up but it never arrived. On checking the host had disappeared and I did not see him at the house at all again for my entire 5 night stay. I found this very odd and disappointing as he wasn't there to ask questions of, directions, suggestion, nothing. He definitely needs to be around for guests to chat with him, even just at breakfast time would be an improvement.

So the room- I found the mattress a bit hard but I understand mattresses must be difficult to get right and I do like mine soft so I cannot hold this against them. However, the room only had a bath, no shower, except the hand held kind. The 'bathroom' is in the actual bedroom so difficult not to get water everywhere if you stand up and use it. I am not a bath person so did not appreciate this, especially having to wash my (long) hair. I wish I had been informed when my room was allocated as I would have asked to move rooms. There were vacant room in the house. Sheets and towels are all white- well they once were. They are now more grey- if you are going to have white linen, it needs to be white. Once it turns grey it should be replaced.

Apart from these couple of gripes the room was wonderful, plenty of light, gorgeous windows and a good view to the castle especially at night.

Breakfast in the dining/lounge room was disappointing for me. Great if you like cake and sweet things- there were about 6 every day. Only plunger coffee available. 2 or 3 different kinds of tea bags.

WiFi was dreadful so you could not rely on it.

Rooms were very well priced.

Room Tip: Prince Noir only has a bath.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2016

We had been recommended this place by a friend and it didn't disappoint. Beautiful surprise behind a very average door to the street. Each of the rooms are very individual and also huge. Very well decorated and quirky. Lovely outdoor space too. Homemade breakfast was great with fresh pastries and jams/marmalade available. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2016

Well located and well hidden behind a plain door is a lovely old stone-walled residence with spacious rooms and tasteful decor. This would have been a 5-star find if it weren't for the wait on the street to be let in (during check in hours) of initially 7 minutes and then a further 15 once we had parked the car. One of our 2 rooms was spotless but the other had clearly not been cleaned (either bathroom or the bed linen) so this review is mixed - if you had stayed in one room it was spotless, but the other not so much.
Breakfast was fine.
Wifi was free but only in the downstairs common area due to the thickness of the stone walls.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2015

This is a beautiful little B&B. We only stayed here for one night and I wish we had been staying for longer. We had a beautiful clean room with a comfy bed and great bath. We had a super breakfast in the morning with lots of choice. Staff who were around when we arrived and at breakfast were friendly and helpful re good eating places. Near the castle, town centre and station. would definitely go back to this place. nice view of the castle from our window.

Room Tip: Room on the top floor with bath.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2015

I stayed in this B&B in May 2015 for 1 night and regret if I could stay longer. The room is big and clean, very convenient location with enough parking, brilliant breakfast. The host Catherine speaks perfect English and she is so knowledgeable. Shen gave us great advise on our route to Avignon, to drive via lagrasse and stop at Abbaye De Fontfoide, the route was so beautiful and the Abbaye De Fontfoide is the most beautiful Abbaye I've visited worldwide.

Thank You Catherine, I'll recommend my friends to stay in your B&B in the future

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple