“Blog standard Indian food”
Review of Gandhi

Gandhi
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Gandhi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 472 Restaurants in Versailles
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

After having eaten numerous Indian meals, we consider ourselves reasonably knowledgeable about that type of food. The meal that was served here was edible but we expect more.
The prawns in the four prawns in breadcrumbs starter could not be foun , the presentation was abysmal and it was tasteless. The mixte pakora was dry and also obviously out of the frozen food section.
The jalfrezi and the madras were not very well seasoned and very run of the mill.
The highlight of the meal was the bog standard ice cream.
For the quality of the food, the bill was far too high.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

The food in Gandhi was average to good. The service was very friendly and the ambiance was good. It is very centrally located at the market place.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

I have been a customer of this place for a while and usually enjoy a thali here with my daughter. I always enjoy the food. But today I decided will be my last visit here. The waiter was terribly surly especially to us. He didn't smile at all, didn't greet us, say thank you or goodbye. Even though I was very friendly to him and smiled and thanked him a lot. Sad to say, it was good while it lasted. I will have to find another place to get my Indian food fix. Au revoir!

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

Very enjoyable. We found this place while wandering around Versailles. The waiter was friendly and the food was great! The only reason I did not give it a ranking of 5 was the lack of an English menu.

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

Lovely meal, especially on a Sunday night after we were worried about having to eat at our hotel! Everybody enjoyed their meal and people watching at our table outside.