“Good pizza ... interesting service”

Restaurant La Flottille
Ranked #229 of 435 Restaurants in Versailles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Waiter comes over and asks what we would like. My partner orders, then he looks at me so i start ordering, looking down at my menu as i do so. Suddenly i hear a voice talking over mine. I look up and it's the waiter, talking to someone behind me. "Oui, un café? Non, deux?". I look round and there is a guy on the table behind me making a guerrilla order in the middle of my order. I look back at the waiter with raised eyebrows. "As-tu fini?" (The tutoyer was my bad French rather than a calculated insult, but hopefully he found it insulting.) He explains: "ah, you see, this guy, he wanted to order". So that's OK then.

Anyway the pizza was good.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant La Flottille

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I usually don't have faith in this kind of touristic restaurants, but it was actually pretty good! Nice and perfectly cooked beef, nice french fries and delicious creme brulee. Plus the servers were very nice! I'd come back for sure.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Far at the end of the gardens, between palaces and fountains, and right when hunger and exhaustion starts getting the best of you, visitors stumble on a cluster of terraces offering food and beverages and probably - most important - a good excuse to sit for an hour and rest your feet.
We picked La Flotille and were very happy with our choice. We had a selection of deli goodies and a cold beer that went down as charmed! The waiter was a friendly, chatty guy, happy to hear we are from Canada, first time in France and loving every minute of it.
Great service, great food, great break in the Versailles Gardens!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

You get hungry when at Versailles. It was a relief to find this restaurant that we could eat at. It took a couple of staff to find one who could understand our requirement for Gluten Free. But once we did, we were able to confidently order Gluten Free Crepes. They also used the savory buckwheat crepe mix to make us a GF dessert. Our kids thought they were the best of all the crepes they had had so far on the trip.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

This restaurant is located at the end of the Versailles garden; its a long walk to get there from the palace. The menu was extensive, but the food was very average. Though the prices were on a higher side. we ordered 2 pastas-very mediocre and 1 sundae which was really good. Service was decent too. All in all it was a decent place for lunch but I will not go there again-will try something else for sure.