“Nice location, average food.”

Restaurant La Flottille
Ranked #291 of 463 Restaurants in Versailles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

It was full of people. We hardly found a table for two. The service was slow, salads and chicken was nice. Although quite expensive.We loved Versailles it was magnificent. Get a takeaway sandwich from the nearby canteen and walk around!

1  Thank Dimitris B

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Bad day or not. Long wait for the meny. The food for our company didn't served on same time. They couldn't serve a decent Club Sandwich or onion soup. They even failed with the cheese platter. The only thing that was ok were some French fries.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

It was quite a really hot day when we visited Versailles so we sought shade and refreshing drinks. Initially I tried to get a table on my own (after I’d misplaced my friends in the huge gardens) and I was roundly ignored by the staff who don’t seem to want to cater for anybody dining on their own but then I spotted my friends at a table and I joined them. Unfortunately they’d rather ludicrously chosen a table that wasn’t quite in the shade – that sort of transparent roof/covering doesn’t block out the sun. The menu here looks rather good but is a little pricey and perhaps doesn’t look filling enough to provide the necessary energy for a day of traipsing around the gardens so I opted for a pizza. Happily they serve a pizza here with halal chicken but it was rather dry and bland. Better were the refreshing Citron Pressé and the cooling sorbet. Service was a little slow – they did look quite stressed out on this particular Sunday afternoon. Inside the toilets had run out of soap. If you’re in Versailles for the gardens then short of brining your own picnic, a visit to one of these restaurants (they’re all roughly the same although I did notice that the restaurant inside the official gardens is a little cheaper with a similar menu) is a necessity…just don’t opt for the chicken pizza!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

really surprise for the quality of the service , quality of food served despite of the amount of people they serve in daily basis

Reviewed 31 March 2017

After walking the grounds of Versailles, we were starving. My daughter and I were not expecting much as far as food or service but we needed to sit down and rest so we stopped in to La Flottille. It was very busy and noisy so it took a while for our server to come by. By the time he did come by we were ready to order and our food did arrive within a short amount of time. My daughter had the steak frites and I had the ham and cheese crepes. Both meals were very good and we were both very happy that the food was so much better than the service. I must say though that given how crowded the restaurant was as it had started to rain, I knew that the service was not going to be very good. There were just too many people. However, we were pleasantly surprised with the food!