“A little disappointed”

Gordon Ramsay au Trianon
Reserve with
Gordon Ramsay au Trianon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 450 Restaurants in Versailles
Price range: US$183 - US$246
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Delight in a masterful feast for the senses at our Michelin-starred restaurant. Exquisite French cuisine by chef Frederic Larquemin is served against the backdrop of the park of the Chateau de Versailles.
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Yes the restaurant looks fantastic and yes the service is beyond any expectation. But for me it was a big disappointment when I asked for a 5 course menu with vegetarian dishes and it was not possible. I have been to several michelin starred restaurants (this is the 5th one) and there was always the possibility of a vegetarian menu. Even when I wanted to order from the menu in separate dishes there was not 1 vegetarian dish. In the end I had a starter that was made especially for me and I had to take the fish as main course. I have always wanted to visit a gordon ramsey restaurant and I was a bit disappointed by this. In the world of today, vegetarian dishes should be taken in to account. At least 1 option.
My kids did eat well (meat dishes) and the rest of the little taste dishes were adjusted to my vegetarian needs so I'm still giving it a well deserved 4*

Grégoire S, General Manager at Gordon Ramsay au Trianon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your visit in our gastronomic restaurant.
We regret that you have been a little disappointed due to a misunderstanding.
In fact we did not understand that you would have liked a whole vegetarian menu
We do not have a specific vegetarian menu because we do not have enough demands
but our Executive Chef is pleased to adapt and to meet any requirement.
On the other hand we are pleased that your kids have enjoyed their meal.
Hoping that we shall have the chance to serve you again in the future, do not hesitate to contact us, our Executive Chef will be more than pleased to prepare something for you.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The main room where dinner is served is lovely, near the veranda but the spill-off room is austere and unfriendly though it has very high ceilings and sparkling chandeliers. We went for the tasting menu which was presented very well and seemed tasty, except for the duckling, which was quite tough. The servers were quite pleasant. Unfortunately, something I was served made me very sick and so my whole night and the next day were spent between the bed and the bathroom. I took the time to write to the food and beverage manager, and did not even get the courtesy of a reply.

Grégoire S, General Manager at Gordon Ramsay au Trianon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your visit in our restaurant.
I regret to see that you had a mixed feeling about our restaurant and I am very sorry if you have been sick. In fact, we served 31 tasting menus without any claim which means that probably the food is not the origin of the fact you have been sick
Moreover, it seems that you sent a mail to our F&B Manager who tried to call you several times and who left you messages without any answer.
Regreting this incident andhoping that you have fuly recovered now, we remain at your disposal.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I bought the 7 courses...why? Too much food for one person. Classic example of just bc you can you probably shouldn't:) with that said EVERYONE should eat a 3 star michelin meal at least once in your life and the Gordon Ramsay au Trianon was my first and I'm so happy it was.

My mouth literally experienced an amazing journey of surprising food, unexpected and complex flavors. I needed a "doggie bag" but was too shy to ask for one...didn't want to be that one...the only one in France who did:)

Service was the best ever experienced in life. Came back to the US w an elevated pallet and expecting more from future meal experiences. I will say that if you don't really care about food and you just want to eat because you're hungry, this amazing experience would be lost on you so don't spend the money. However if you are someone like me who sees fine dining as art and eating as an experience in your mouth you will definitely gain a lot from eating at the Trianon and it is well worth your money. With that said, in general I think many places in France have amazing food and have truly changed my opinion on what food should taste like everyday:)

Grégoire S, General Manager at Gordon Ramsay au Trianon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for tasting our gourmet restaurant and thank you for sharing your "amazing experience". I am really pleased that choosing our Gordon Ramsay au Trianon for your first star michelin restaurant made you experience an unexpected and complex flavors.
Hoping that we shall have the chance to renew this experience in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Our dining experience was spectacular! First off, the staff was wonderful and meticulous in their service. Martino, Senechal Frederic, and David took excellent care of us and made wonderful suggestions from the wines to our meal choices. They were wonderful. From the amuse bouche to the wines to our entrees and desserts, were were delighted with little treats and explosive flavors throughout our meal. The items we ordered were delicious as anticipated, but it was the attention to small details such as the amazing basil mint sorbet between courses or the shocking burst of flavor from a dessert pastry. The combinations and surprises of sweet, savory, and tart flavors throughout our meal kept us in excited anticipation throughout our meal, and the service was so attentive, just as something came to mind, there was already someone at our table refreshing our wine glasses, offering us bread, or delivering some delightful, beautifully made work of culinary art for us to enjoy. Our experience was stellar!

1  Thank tldolphin
Grégoire S, General Manager at Gordon Ramsay au Trianon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our gastronomic restaurant for your dinner.
I am extremely pleased to see that you had a perfect and spectacular experience thanks to the meal served to you but also thanks to the perfect service offered by our team.
Hoping that we shall have the chance to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We had the 7 course tasting menu and I was blown away with the wine pairings and the tasting menu. Atmosphere was so romantic and perfect. I’d want to go back just for the great experience, and lovely food!

Grégoire S, General Manager at Gordon Ramsay au Trianon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your visit in our gastronomic restaurant and thank you for sharing your enthusiasm about the wine pairing and the tasting menu.
We are pleased also to read that you appreciated the atmosphere.
Looking forward for your next venue.