“Very good, but we won't return”

La Veranda by Gordon Ramsay
Reserve with
La Veranda by Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 465 Restaurants in Versailles
Price range: US$33 - US$80
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Discover the continental and contemporary cuisine of the brasserie "La Véranda by Gordon Ramsay", offering an outdoor terrace and a magnificient view over the park of the Château de Versailles.
Reviewed 25 September 2017

While the cost is a bit less than Gordon Ramsey it is still a bit much for what you get. The service was pretty good, as was the food and portion sizes. The single most remarkable element was the end of the dinner. We waited for 35 minutes from the clearing of the last course until I finally went to collect the check. Our waiter was busy with a very large table, but there were other people who could have assisted him. I saw people seated in the other half of the restaurant who received their dessert, finished it, chatted for a bit, got their check and left while we waited with an empty table and empty glasses. The "bed" of spinach upon which rested the fish was a Hugh Hefner sized bed. I guess that helped to offset the very small portion?

Grégoire S, General Manager at La Veranda by Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for your nice comments about the service and the food. I regret that you had to wait for your last course and I sincerely apologize.
I shared your comments with our team in order to take the necessary steps to avoid any recurrence.
Hoping that you will change your mind and that you will let us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is formal yet somehow relaxed. The staff are really helpful and friendly. The vodka martinis were possibly the best/strongest I have encountered. The lamb for sharing was delicious and the waiter was only to happy to substitute the beans for potatoes. A thoroughly enjoyable dinner. Thank you

Grégoire S, General Manager at La Veranda by Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for your very nice comments about our restaurant and about the "excellent" food we propose.
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your dinner and the helpfulness and friendliness of our staff.
Hoping that we shall have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I was staying at the Hotel. We opted for the formula hors d'oeuvres and main for 59.€. We had marinated tuna (very good) and foie gras, then jarret de veau and crevettes. Food was okay but not mouth watering. Had a very good and reasonably priced bio dynamic Riesling. On the down side the room acoustics are appalling; we couldn't hear the waiter or each other. I also disliked the absence of proper table linen. This is not a restaurant you feel like you should return

1  Thank Joao C
Grégoire S, General Manager at La Veranda by Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your visit.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the food served to you as well as the wine.
On the other hand I took good notice of your comments about the room acoustics and the absence of table linen.
Regreting that you left our restaurant on a mixed feeling.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Promptly seated at a very comfortable table. Started by ordering a nice bottle of wine. My wife's starter, burrata & garden fresh tomatoes. Mine, chilled tomato soup. Both excellent choices. Our main dish was Scottish salmon on a bed of spinach sitting in a sauce so flavorful I soaked it up with bread. Ended our meal with the lovely complementary macaroons. Oh wow!

Excellent service! Friendly wait staff. We'll be back.

Grégoire S, General Manager at La Veranda by Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your visit and for your nice comments about your "fantastic lunch".
We are pleased that you enjoyed your meal and the "excellent" service provided to you.
Waiting for your next visit.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Wanted to celebrate the anniversary of my daughter, which was nicely and discretely done at the end of the dinner.
Prefer to book before dawn time so you could enjoy the sunset over the Versailles palace grounds

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your visit to celebrate the birthday of your daugther.
I am pleased to see that you appreciated your meal and the sunset on the Palace grounds.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.