“Food was lovley but poor service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Divan

Cafe Divan
Ranked #2,401 of 16,841 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Watford, United Kingdom
“Food was lovley but poor service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We ate here on Saturday night, the food was lovely but the service was very slow. Took over ten minutes to get a drink and second drink also took ages to arrive. We asked to see the dessert menu but this never arrived so we left and ate a crepe elsewhere. The food we had was lovley and I would go back.

• Visited March 2012

• Greek first
“Arrogant horrible service with an attitude. No respect for customers.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

Arrogant waiter. Bad service. Very unfriendly. Avoid at all costs.

2 Thank veritealways
Oxford
“Great food, cool atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

Arrived quite late on a Sunday night, but received lovely food which was cooked promptly and served with a smile.

• Visited March 2011
Vevey, Switzerland
“Great food, unpleasant service: normal for Paris”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

I had booked a table for 7 and when - as the organiser of the dinner - I got there first with my friend, they refused to give us the table "until all the 7 people arrive"...oO. Now show me a group of seven where nobody is late...
Finally we got our table and a waitress - visibly in a bad mood - started taking our orders. I was thrilled to see the freshly squeezed juices on the menu so I asked for a grapefruit juice. "No, that's not gonna be possible" Period. I was sitting there, waiting for
a) an explanation ("Unfortunately we ran out of grapefruits/the machine is broke...")
b) an alternative proposition ("I can bring you orange juice instead if you like.")
c) a "we're sorry we're not able to serve you what we have listed on the menu"
But nothing came. So when I asked why I couldn't get that juice she goes "There are a lot of guests tonight, he usually doesn't like to spend time preparing the juice in this case" oO.
In the end I was "lucky" enough to get my grapefruit and the food was above average, relatively fast service, reasonable pricing - but not really nice waiter, which is sort of the standard for Paris, overall nothing too exceptional... :/

Portland, Oregon
“Great Parisian Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

We ate here during a recent four day trip to Paris. The restaurant is located a short walk from the Bastille in a very lively area of the city. We ate here on a Wednesday night. We were seated immediately and the host was very friendly. Our waitress spoke some English and was very friendly and helpful. We had the onion soup and a salad as an appetizer. They were very tasty and fresh. My wife had the salmon cooked in a puff pastry of sorts served with butter noodles. This was a heavy dish but tasted excellent. I had a chicken dish that was flavorful but dry. We split a bottle of Pinot Noir(19 euro) that was very good. The decor was quaint. I believe we were the only tourists at the restaurant. We would recommend it but I would try one of the beef dishes over my chicken.

1 Thank TravelsPDX