“Food was lovley but poor service”
Review of Cafe Divan

Cafe Divan
Reserve with
Cafe Divan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,861 of 18,127 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We ate here on Saturday night, the food was lovely but the service was very slow. Took over ten minutes to get a drink and second drink also took ages to arrive. We asked to see the dessert menu but this never arrived so we left and ate a crepe elsewhere. The food we had was lovley and I would go back.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

Arrogant waiter. Bad service. Very unfriendly. Avoid at all costs.

2  Thank veritealways
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Arrived quite late on a Sunday night, but received lovely food which was cooked promptly and served with a smile.

Reviewed 22 November 2010

I had booked a table for 7 and when - as the organiser of the dinner - I got there first with my friend, they refused to give us the table "until all the 7 people arrive"...oO. Now show me a group of seven where nobody is late...
Finally we got our table and a waitress - visibly in a bad mood - started taking our orders. I was thrilled to see the freshly squeezed juices on the menu so I asked for a grapefruit juice. "No, that's not gonna be possible" Period. I was sitting there, waiting for
a) an explanation ("Unfortunately we ran out of grapefruits/the machine is broke...")
b) an alternative proposition ("I can bring you orange juice instead if you like.")
c) a "we're sorry we're not able to serve you what we have listed on the menu"
But nothing came. So when I asked why I couldn't get that juice she goes "There are a lot of guests tonight, he usually doesn't like to spend time preparing the juice in this case" oO.
In the end I was "lucky" enough to get my grapefruit and the food was above average, relatively fast service, reasonable pricing - but not really nice waiter, which is sort of the standard for Paris, overall nothing too exceptional... :/

Reviewed 21 July 2009

We ate here during a recent four day trip to Paris. The restaurant is located a short walk from the Bastille in a very lively area of the city. We ate here on a Wednesday night. We were seated immediately and the host was very friendly. Our waitress spoke some English and was very friendly and helpful. We had the onion soup and a salad as an appetizer. They were very tasty and fresh. My wife had the salmon cooked in a puff pastry of sorts served with butter noodles. This was a heavy dish but tasted excellent. I had a chicken dish that was flavorful but dry. We split a bottle of Pinot Noir(19 euro) that was very good. The decor was quaint. I believe we were the only tourists at the restaurant. We would recommend it but I would try one of the beef dishes over my chicken.

1  Thank TravelsPDX