“Best Peking Duck in Paris ”
Review of LiLi

LiLi
Reserve with
LiLi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,157 of 19,409 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Élysées
Description: With a stunning interior inspired by the best of Chinese and French style, LiLi presents authentic Cantonese cuisine prepared by award-winning Hong Kong chefs. Gastronomic highlights include refined dim sum and sophisticated seasonal dishes. LiLi also specialises in Chinese tea, serving a large variety of leaves, while a private Chefs’ Table offers the best seats in the house for viewing the outstanding performances in the kitchen.
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

This is by far one of the most beautiful and delicious Chinese restaurants I have been to!
I came here on Saturday January 27 with my family we were 5 total, and had a wonderful table in the main room.
I am from Paris but have never been here before and I can’t wait to go back.
I have been to many Chinese restaurants in Paris from small ones to more fancy ones like the Shang Palace, but I have to say Lili is number one for me.
Yes it is pricey, but completely and totally worth it for the fine dining experience, excellent wine, perfect service and wonderful setting.
The Peking duck is a must ! We had a selection of super yummy dim sum and also a kimchi fried rice that was wonderful and the fried okra which was so unexpected and delicious !
I would highly recommend Lili and I will come back very soon.
The staff are very polite and friendly without being too much. They even showed us the kitchen and the chefs table room.
Thank you Peninsula !

2  Thank Kifu A
ThePeninsulaParis, Gérant at LiLi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback about your experience at LiLi. I am really happy to discover how much you appreciated your dinner. It is with great pleasure that I will share your compliments with the Chef and his team.
I will be pleased to welcome you back again in the future for another great culinary moment.
Kevin Chambenoit, Director of Food & Beverage, The Peninsula Paris

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is a balanced and stylish mixture between classy Cantonese and French haute couisine. You will be definately impressed with the spectacular and magical interior and with the muffled deep blue light. The atmosphere is exciting but the couisine a little bit less Chinise then you might expect. Anyway dim sums are delicious, the fish is fresh and the salads are tasty. But the real delight is a mango-grapefruit dessert which is a real magnet for romantic gourmets!

2  Thank Shepipet
ThePeninsulaParis, Gérant at LiLi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at LiLi.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed the restaurant's decoration as well as the cuisine, and will make sure to give the team your compliments.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Kevin Chambenoit, Director of Food & Beverage, The Peninsula Paris

Reviewed 11 January 2018

To celebrate a birthday, we thought of a splurge at the Lili, the restaurant specializing in Cantonese food at the Peninsula – but which also offers a roast Peking Duck in two services; thus on a frigidly cold early afternoon we ventured forth to a corner of the Champs Elysées near enough to the celebrated avenue and its fabulous Arc d’Triomphe but far from selfie-toting crowds of tourists.

A few years ago, we stayed at the Peninsula in Beijing and ate a fabulous meal at its restaurant, the Huang Tin, that also specializes in Cantonese fare and wondered how Lili would compare. Well – our reactions were rather mixed.

In Paris the décor kind of won the ‘contest’ hands down. With its cathedral ceilings and décor (the reception area also had opera artefacts since the place was named after an opera singer) the restaurant much resembled a precious jewelled box of jade and emeralds. (In Beijing, the basement location made the restaurant a bit dim – even during lunch – but it still was redolent of the old-time lustre of an aristocrat’s house.) In Lili, diaphanous curtains made for almost invisible demarcation lines between the tables; there were also a few private alcoves made for a romantic tête à tête. And it was nice that unlike many Parisian restaurants there was a lot of space around the tables – meant for the Peking duck that was carved and served by one’s table. We had a nice view of the terrace – decorated with chalets and other winter accoutrements – but froze a bit when the doors were sometimes opened.

We ordered the dimsum tasting menu as well as the Peking Duck in two services. Our mistake was to have the duck served in the middle of the tasting menu. And as dimsum and roast duck are both meant to be eaten hot, we either had to eat very very fast or let some food go cold while we partook of what we wished to consume first! So even though the dimsum were supposedly kept warm in their baskets, by the time we got to them - after finishing off the first duck service – alas, most of them were already rather stone cold.

The roast skin of the duck – which is the highlight of Peking duck – also grew cold despite their being kept on a hot plate…The crêpes were not as thin nor warm as we thought they would be. I wished there were more of the thinly-sliced vegetables (I wondered why spring onions were not served…) to accompany the roast skin in the pancake. But the hoisin sauce was very good; the same with the other hot sauces.

For the second duck service we opted for the crisply battered thin slices of duck – it arrived nice and hot and with a good combination of spices and finely-minced garlic. The dessert of mango and sago was refreshing, not too sweet.

As it was lunch, service was a bit harried (too many people asked for the express menu one supposed); a cocktail arrived late and one had to wait a good 5 – 7 minutes for the wine list to be brought by another server.

All in all I would give the Beijing restaurant more points on the culinary side than the Paris one. Although to be fair, one should perhaps come for dinner instead of lunch when service would be less harried and one could enjoy one’s meal in a more leisurely way.

Note: We appreciated the courteous and efficient valet service. And the toilets just across the restaurant were beautifully appointed – lots of space and mirrors and towels – and with primly aproned maids who kept watch and made it stay and look pristine and astringent…

Date of visit: December 2017
2  Thank EloZ523
ThePeninsulaParis, Gérant at LiLi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience is so many precious details following your lunch at LiLi.
I am glad to read you liked the décor of the restaurant, inspired by the French and Chinese operas.
Please rest assured I carefully read and took note of your comments regarding the warmth of the dishes served during your lunch. I am sincerely sorry this specific point did not meet your expectations. I have already shared this comment with our team to avoid this kind of situation and inconvenience in the future.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kevin Chambenoit, Director of Food & Beverage – The Peninsula Paris

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Very elegant restaurant on the ground floor of the Peninsula Hotel. There's a long menu with lots of choice; the food was very good and the service attentive without being over bearing.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank LondonBurl
ThePeninsulaParis, Gérant at LiLi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your comment and positive feedbacks.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at LiLi restaurant.

Kevin Chambenoit, Director of Food & Beverages - The Peninsula Paris

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Pecking Duck is all I can say, will miss a lot if you don't order and taste an amazing dish. Oops almost forgot the wow soup and amazing Dim Sum.

CLASS A Chinese in the heart of Paris, well refined and tasty that deserves to pay a bit more.

2  Thank walshyer
ThePeninsulaParis, Gérant at LiLi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your compliments and for sharing details about your recent experience at LiLi restaurant.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kevin Chambenoit, Director of Food & Beverage - The Peninsula Paris