“Clean and modern”

Ranked #652 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Clean and modern”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in April 2012. The room was very nice and overlooked the boulevard. The room wasn't huge but it was perfect for what we needed. Bathroom was nice and clean and fresh towels were provided every day. We also had breakfast two mornings and it set us up for the day. It was definitely worth E8.50. The location was great, the station was just round the corner and a taxi to the eiffel tower was only E20. We would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Our room was so small the door couldn't open completely because of the bed! We decided to laugh about it, because even though the room was tiny, it was very charming and clean. We thought the location was a bit far from everything.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in April. The lady at the check in was helpful and spoke English. Room was small but clean. Very nicely decorated. Fresh, clean towels were provided. The best thing about this hotel was the shower. it was huge, with a very powerful water jet. Piping hot, or however you like it. No bar or restaurant which would have improved our stay. Tv in the room, which has no english channels. Even though our room overlooked the street below, noise was never an issue and the area was very pleasant. A supermarket was just across the street and Nation metro/rer station and avron were very close by. This was great for getting to see the attractions. The room key weighs a tonne. Overall I would stay here again given that the price was right, we paid around 200 pounds for 3 nights. Any more than this and I would probably have looked for somewhere a little closer into the city.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Alba, Italy
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The day I checked in, there was a problem. I had booked an executive room and was given a standard room. When I went down to ask if that was the executive room I was told yes, so I asked to see a standard room to compare. I was then told that it was a standard room and the hotel is fully booked. So the next day I talked to the manageress and she corrected the problem. Moved me into the room I booked offered me a bottle of champagne for the inconvenience. The rest of my stay was perfect. The staff were very helpful and at checkout the other manager out on the house all that I had from the mini bar.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Kuberan
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I read every review regarding this hotel before booking our trip for this last december. We were looking for a hotel, in a good price close to public transportation. Though the rooms are tiny, we got exactly what we wanted. I mean, we were only there to take showers and sleep, as we had lots of things to do in Paris. Every time we came back from our site seeing we came back to a clean room, and clean/warm towels ;D. Though it was winter, our hotel room always felt perfect inside. There was a mini fridge inside the room with drinks, but we were also able to fit in there juices we bought and wanted to keep cool. This was my husband & I first time in Europe, as we were spending christmas in Paris. The hotel is in an amazing location. Very close (2 blocks) to Nation metro. Nation metro station connects with various other metro lines ( Eiffel Tour) and others as well as RER A (Disney Paris) and Orly Bus. For us that we had never used a metro in our lives, being so close to it, and having a metro station with so many connections was wonderful, we quickly found our way around Paris, and easily back to our hotel. Right in front of the hotel is a monoprix for clothing and bakery. Which meant that we had croissants and OJ every morning by just crossing the street. There was also a pharmacy right next to the monoprix just in case there is need for something from there. The hotel staff was very polite and though they did not have many recommendations, whenever we had questions they always tried to help us. Breakfast was not included in the price, and as recommended by reviewers we decided to take advance of the options outside the hotel instead of paying for a breakfast inside the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple