All reviews music theme unique hotel themed hotel night suite espresso machine saint lazare rainfall shower quiet street close to the train station loved this hotel separate toilet steam room adjoining rooms very nice stay great shower the hotel staff beautiful room
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I will always stay at an Elegancia Hotel in Paris because of this experience. I loved the vibe of this hotel, very 70's, blues, jazz, soul. In each hotel room you can hook up your phone to the bluetooth speakers and play your own music. Thank God all of our neighbors were respectful with the volume of the music (because I could see that getting out of hand). The staff was phenomenal, at times they had a lot going on with phone calls, check ins, breakfast, etc., but they always acknowledged us whether we were coming or going. They had great restaurant suggestions & were just really pleasant in general. The rooms were very small but we weren't spending massive time in the room anyway. It was enough space for two large bags, and two carry ons, and two backpacks. The hotel was in an awesome location (about a 10 minute walk from Galleries Lafayette), and we took an Uber everywhere else and it was pretty cheap. I would like to try some of the other Elegancia Hotels but I would recommend this hotel hands down to friends and family & would stay here if other Elegancia's are booked.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the courtyard.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo-Anne H
Yann G, Responsable réception at Idol Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Dear Jo-Anne H,

Many thanks for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor :) It is always a pleasure for us to read such nice reviews ! We also thank you for your stunning comment about our staff : our goal everyday is to make our guest's stay an unforgettable and perfect moment.
We cannot wait to welcome you again, there is no many other rooms to discover !

Reviewed 9 July 2016

This hotel is well appointed and stylishly decorated. Our room was small, but it was all you really needed. I will say - if you are conservative and are sharing a room with someone - be aware that the rooms (at least ours) had a glass shower that was directly in the room, so zero privacy when you were showering. It included a nice breakfast and the Wi-Fi worked.

My biggest warning would be that you are pretty far from the major tourist attractions (Eiffel tower, Louvre, etc) so you have to be prepared for a long walk, metro or fairly expensive cabs.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2016

It is like being in at a friend's place.
A friend who loves beautiful things and and Jazz/Soul/RnB music and atmospehre.
The rooms are great with bluetooth enabled speakers so you can enjoy your own stuff. They are quiet, super clean and very tastefully furnished and decorated.
The staff is super freindly and professional. The lounge is amazingly chilled out with a nice bar in the evening.
On my first visit I asked for tabasco for my scrambled eggs at breakfast but they did not have any. Guess what, whe I returned for a second stay the lady looking after breakfast had some on the table.
It is so far my favorite hotel in Paris and among th ebest ones I've visited worldwide.
I will come back over and over again.
Thank you Idol staff.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear NicoMed,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a warm review about your stay at the Idol. It is always a pleasure for us to read that you enjoyed your stay, we are very proud of our groovy, friendly and "Feel Good" atmosphere.
Your compliments about the staff are greatly appreciated and are the motivation we need to keep providing you with the best service we can.

Thanks again for such a stunning review and see you soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2016

Idol Hotel Paris is located in the 8th arrondissement in a neighborhood long favored by music lovers. It is the most unique hotel we have ever stayed at. From the reception to the rooms, everything is in its groovy design. The lobby is painted in bright colors with custom furniture and interesting decor. You can not overlook the music theme which reflects in every furniture piece.

Our suite was called "Give me the night" and it was located on the upper floor. It was decorated in a fun and funky way with dark wallpaper, light wooden floors, and lit in sexy red lights. The suite was very spacious with a big king size bed, luggage carrier, and a small desk. It also had a freestanding luminous bathtub, bathroom with shower and a separate toilet.

The hotel is modern, the rooms are comfortable and the whole concept of the hotel is totally unique. It is an interesting hotel to stay at and you have to experience it yourself!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear TravelSelfies,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review ! We are very proud we met all your expectations. You are right, the Idol is unique and very groovy, so are our guests !
We hope to welcome you again for your next parisian trip.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

Had a wonderful 2 night short break with my teenage daughter at the Idol hotel. Our room lovely and spacious with lots of fun decoration. The shower was heavenly and we has twin beds which are not so easy to find in Paris when not traveling as a couple. My daughter loved the bluetooth sound system! We had breakfast at the hotel both mornings; there is a buffet with a good choice of fresh fruit, pastries, eggs, sausage, cheese etc. It was an excellent way to start the day, especially with a hungry teenager. I have stayed in many hotels in over the years but never in this neighbourhood. I was really pleased with our choice. The area was wonderful and not crammed with tourists, which was especially nice since on a girls trip we were keen to avoid the football crowds. Any shopping and sights were only a few metro stops away or an Uber of only 5-10 Euro
I highly recommend this friendly boutique hotel. We will be back again!

Room tip: the twin rooms are lovely and spacious, good choice for mother /daughter or anyone traveling together but who want 2 beds.
Date of stay: June 2016