“Excellent food, no nonsense setup - very very relaxing”
Review of Les Papilles

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Great restaurant - ate here on 11 Feb with party of 6. Set menu - soup, beef casserole/daube, cheese, desert, coffees and great wine, all very reasonable. Very relaxed atmosphere and polite unpretentious staff - will definitely return.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We must have dined on the same night as the review form rina_tosa 2 review down as they described out exact meal. I'm still dreaming of that cauliflower soup! They change their menu everyday but the Friday and Saturday night meal is the same. We did make reservations and they were packed.

This was some of the best food we had in Paris. Not for the picky eater though, there is a set menu for the day with no other choices.

I loved being able to choose my wine from the wall. We did get a recommendation and wasn't 100% thrilled with it. It was ok.

I will return on another trip to Paris.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Having brought my fiancee to Paris for her 30th birthday we found ourselves staying a short walk from Les Papilles. They managed to squeeze us in at short notice and I am delighted that they did!

The service was very good, not obtrusive at all. The food (Fixed menu) was delicious and the wine, recommend to us, was delightful. The place was busy, with a lovely atmosphere, and with a mix of French and other nationalities dining there.

We spent just over 100 Euros on a four course meal for two and a superb bottle of wine. I cannot think of anywhere in Paris (or London for that matter) which delivers such superb value for money!!!!

I will certainly be recommending this restaurant to anyone planning a trip to Paris in the near future. A fantastic evening!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

What can i say? We had an absolutely amazing dinner!
Small but cosy restaurant, friendly staff.. The menu is fixed, (it changes every day); we could choose the wine by ourself directly from the wall which is full of different bottles, a very wide range of high quality wines!!
As an entry we had coliflower soup: it was served in a very nice way.. we received a dish with some bacon pieces, crusted bread and some cream and we could pour the soup on it directly from a soup tureen which was brought to our table. It was really creamy and tasty, we couldn't ask for a better start!
As a main we had beef stuffed with wine and some vegetables: it was soft and perfectly cooked. Super good!
Then we had a kind of blue cheese (I can't remember the name, but it was similar to Roquefort) which came with plums cream... a very strong and salty kind of cheese but i did appreciate the overall taste of this dish!
And, finally, the dessert.... Awesome! It was a kind of panacotta, creamy and milky, covered by caramel... I could have eaten 10 of those!
Overall evaluation: incredible! Try it, you will not regret it!

1  Thank Rina_Tosa
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I booked this place for a friends 50th after reading the reviews on here. All I can say is that it was absolutely superb ! Very friendly staff and the food is out of this world. Beef cheeks ! Amazing ! Believe the reviews, and very reasonable for Paris. Bravo

3  Thank Soprano30