“Fantastic restaurant”
Review of Le Coco de Mer

Le Coco de Mer
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Le Coco de Mer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,695 of 19,258 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$26 - US$36
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Food is excellent with a clear focus on a beautiful choice of seafood. Well priced and convenient location within the Latin quarter. Great service. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 6 July 2016

The food is delicious and reasonably priced, the restaurant is really nicely decorated and laid out.

But the service really lets it down. Every time we wanted anything we had to flag someone down to ask for it - ordering drinks, finding out what the desserts were etc. One of the wait staff was totally hopeless (maybe had been drafted in at the last minute as cover? she didn't seem to know what she was doing) and the other one was friendlier and more competent, but we didn't see much of him. It took over three hours for us to get through entree/plat/dessert, and would have been even longer if we hadn't actively tried to hurry things along a bit...

All that said, the food was really great and the set menus were good value. If only they could sort out the service...I see from other reviews here that our experience was not a one-off!

Reviewed 6 April 2015 via mobile

My daughter and I found this gem while walking and decided to give it a try. We went in when they just opened and by the time we finished our dinner the place was packed.

The sand on the floor and the coziness provide a wonderful ambience and the cook is amazing. The curry octopus is to die for. The prices are very reasonable.

We were staying at a hotel just down the street so it was close to us but later this year my wife and I will be staying in the 8th; nevertheless, it will be worth the metro ride or taxi to take her here when we are in Paris this December. Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 4 April 2015 via mobile

Really nice food and, above all, a really nice atmosphere! They have designed the place to feel a bit "Mauritian" with white sand on the floor etc.

Reviewed 19 December 2014

Le Coco de Mer is one of my favorite restaurants in Paris. I make a point of going there every time I visit Paris and I have never been disappointed. My favorite dish is the octopus curry but I have liked everything I have tried. The ambiance is exotic yet welcoming with great service from Pierre and his staff. I highly recommend le Coco de Mer and if you want a bit of a laugh, ask Pierre to show you what the restaurant is named after.