US$216
Hotel Mansart(Paris)
US$187
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Berne Opera(Paris)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$140
US$123
Official Site
Monceau Wagram Hotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$93
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Eiffel Capitol(Paris)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$156
US$116
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Waldorf Montparnasse(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$116
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

Hotel Royal Saint Germain(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$104
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$259
US$198
Priceline
US$201
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$230/night.

US$357
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate spamoulin rougesteam roomred velvetprivate hourexclusive usewinter gardenhermes toiletriesbreakfast in bedhandwritten noteintimate hotelour honeymoonromantic stayjunior suitethis wonderful hotelhotel experiencecommon areas
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

This is a very interesting hotel! It was not what I really expected. I like hotels that are different but I was a little surprised that apart from snacks as such there was no restaurant.

Therefore as I was traveling solo it meant I had to go out which I did not really want to do. So instead I had some smoked salmon which I must say was very good.

The hotel appeared to me to be pitched at couples who want privacy and solitude as it is not a lively place.

The decor is French Renaissance in heavy red tones. The staff are just great and breakfast is good.

I probably would not stay there again as a Solo traveller as overall it was a little quiet for my liking.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Maison-Souquet, Propriétaire at Maison Souquet, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Stephen T,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at Maison Souquet with the TripAdvisor community.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the unique atmosphere created by the famous designer Jacques Garcia, all is made to remind the opulence and luxury of the French Belle Epoque especially in the trendy South-Pigalle district.

We read your comment very carefully and attached great importance to it. At Maison Souquet, we are always looking for excellence and we would like to offer you our most sincere apologies for failing on this occasion. We truly think that the quality and service of the Maison played an important role in making a stay a memorable one .

Please be assured that we do consider your remarks regarding our delicacies menu.

We hope to have the opportunity to prove to you, during a next visit, the quality of Maison Souquet.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We stayed in Paris for 3 days and two nights and stayed here the whole time because we want to be in the hip Monmartre neighborhood. I have been debating whether to give the place 3 or 4 stars for reasons which I will explain below.

First, the positives:
1. The entry, lounge, and common areas of this hotel are fantastically beautiful. It really does feel as though you are stepping back in time.
2. The staff was impeccably courteous and professional, as you would expect from a 5 star hotel.
3. The room itself is beautifully decorated.
3. There is a private hammam which you can book for and hour at a time and this was really a nice touch.

Now, the negatives:
1. The room was pretty tiny. We stayed in a junior suite and it was probably the tiniest suite we have every stayed in. I understand that this is Paris but I live in New York and I thought it was small for the price point.
2. The room was not particularly sound proof. I am a very light sleeper and the street outside is fairly loud, and there's a strip club right across the street. I used a white noise app which was somewhat effective. I understand that fully sound proofing a building such as this is almost impossible, but it should once again be reflected at the price point.
3. I went down to eat and they wanted about 20 dollars for two eggs. I wound up spending like 35 dollars for two eggs some bread and some coffee. Anyone that thinks that this is a fair price for a hotel (as I saw in other reviews) is drinking some serious cool aid.

As you can see from my negatives, to me it's all a price point issue. When I am paying around 800 dollars a night I expect I perfect day and night experience, I shouldn't have to be using a white noise app and I shouldn't be gawking at the outrageous egg prices. I decided on 4 stars because it is a true boutique experience and the staff was very nice, but honestly I am being generous. I would say at around $4-500 it would be a truly worth while experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr & Mrs Nejim,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at Maison Souquet

We are delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your Parisian stay with us and that my team took wonderful care of you and that the quality and service of the Hotel played an important role in making it a memorable one despite your deception with the size of the room and our location.
Our decoration, signed by Jacques Garcia, is the biggest part of our guests’ journey to the Belle Epoque, all is made to recreate the codes and the particular atmosphere of old houses of pleasure,

We are very pleased to know that you had relaxing moments in the Salon d’Eau.

Rest assured that we took care of your comments.

We remain you that our prices are the same since the opening of Maison Souquet.

The sizes of our rooms are also clearly described in our website online.

Regarding the breakfast, as mentioned we do propose two options:
- A Continental breakfast at 22 euros inclusive of a hot drink, a fresh juice, a bakery basket, jam, butter and honey.
- An American breakfast at 36 euros inclusive of a continental breakfast accompanied with a fresh fruit salad, a yoghurt, cereals, and two eggs cooked to your liking.

At Maison Souquet, we are always looking for excellence and we would like to offer you our most sincere apologies for failing on this occasion. Thanks again helping us to improve the experience.

Sylviane Sanz

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

From the moment I had the door opened for me it was absolute bliss from start to finish the suite was exquisite and the staff to match this is in my top 5 hotels of the world I couldn't recommend it anymore

The epitome of fabulous!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Maison-Souquet, Propriétaire at Maison Souquet, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Stephen W,

We would like to thank you for sharing your kind words about your recent stay at Maison Souquet with the TripAdvisor community.

We are glad to know that you had a such great time, that your stay with us exceeded your expectation thanks to our team and the unique atmosphere created by the famous designer Jacques Garcia.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future in your new Parisian residence.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

A magical place in a location that has changed dramatically since my last visit. I always think of Paris as two separate cities: Montmartre and then pretty much everything else. This hotel's location at the foot of the Montmartre hill, but just edging in to the increasingly cool South Pigalle was ideal as we wanted to try and stick to one area of Paris rather than exhaust ourselves by trying to see and do everything. For a precious one night hotel stay without our children, we wanted perfection and we found it at Maison Souquet. Boutique and bijou, certainly but truly welcoming and amazingly appointed. The staff were courteous and extremely helpful, recommending and arranging restaurants for lunch and dinner. We chose La Mascotte for lunch (like Maison Souquet, expensive but faultless) and Pantruche for dinner (buzzing, interesting food, very good value) - neither of which we would have found otherwise. As for the hotel itself, the room was compact but very comfortable with a neat bathroom and amazing shower with Hermés Orange Verte toiletries - how do you top that? Being able to book the pool and hammam for an hour completely privately is a good idea and we took advantage of it twice. We felt like we were the only guests as the place was so quiet (despite being 100m or so from the Moulin Rouge). Our stay coincided with two days of hot sunshine in the city so we were keen to get out and about. This meant we were unable to sample Maison Souquet's own bar or restaurant, but we would be keen to return in the winter to soak up the cosy ambiance. We paid €300.00 for the stay which seemed quite high before our arrival, but when there is literally nothing to fault, it's the money is easily forgotten (plus, of course it's easy to pay €200 - 250 for very basic, soulless accommodation in major European cities)! Overall, brilliant. ps two things to see in the local area - the beautiful Pigalle basketball court (complete with fully inflated basketball) and the tea garden of the Museum of Romantic life.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JC1972
Maison-Souquet, Propriétaire at Maison Souquet, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear JC1972,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at Maison Souquet with the TripAdvisor community.

We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed the unique atmosphere created by the famous designer Jacques Garcia, all is made to remind the opulence and luxury of the French Belle Epoque especially in the trendy South-Pigalle district. As you said this area has got a special atmosphere, full of pleasant restaurants and bars.

It is very important to us to make you feel at home and to provide a perfect guest experience from the moment you pass the door until the moment you leave the hotel.

We are glad to know that you had a wonderful experience, that our service exceeded your expectations thanks to our team. The front desk team who helped you during stay who will certainly be very thrilled of your comment.

We are really happy that you had great moments enjoying our Salon d'Eau.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you another time shortly at Maison Souquet.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

The Maison Souquet is a beautiful boutique hotel that goes above and beyond to make your experience extraordinary. It has a great vibe and cool history, which they share with you as soon as you check in. The cleanliness and comfort level are fantastic. The entire staff is probably one of the best my wife and I have ever encountered. We stayed for 6 nights and they made us feel like family. The level of attention and detail they provide surpasses any big chain 5 star hotel. I can't thank them enough for all they did for us. When we return in the future we will only stay here. Be sure to take advantage of the private pool, sauna, and spa.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seth B
Maison-Souquet, Propriétaire at Maison Souquet, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Mr & Mrs Brandeberry,

We are very honored about the kind words you have took the time you to share with the TripAdvisor community.

We were delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your Parisian stay with us, that our team took wonderful care of you and that the quality and service of the Hotel played an important role in making it a memorable one.

We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed the unique atmosphere created by the famous designer Jacques Garcia, all is made to remind the opulence and luxury of the French Belle Epoque especially in South Pigalle district.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future for another romantic getaway.