“Death by chocolate”

Price range: US$1 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Description: We are happy to inform you that our Chocolate Cellar is open at 231, rue Saint Honoré - 75001, courtyard. We will be happy to welcome you in this place. Jean-Paul Hévin team
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Decadent and delicious. You must sample as much as you can. My favourites were the delicate eclairs, so light yet so rich - lemon curd eclair gooey and sweet. A caramel and peanut eclair was mind blowing. Some really amazing artistry with the chocolates, in shape of stilletos for example.

Date of visit: January 2018
Jean Paul H, Responsable relations clients at Jean-Paul Hevin Chocolatier, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comment !
Have a nice day,

Jean-Paul Hévin Team

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We usually visit the shop at Invalides whenever we are in Paris.

This is my first visit to Jean-Paul Hevin's beautiful boutique in Rue St. Honore. This flagship boutique also has a tearoom offering patisserie and hot chocolate (what do you expect). Everything looked perfect but I did not have time to stay and try. Perhaps, the next visit.

Well worth a visit!

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank gilasss
Jean Paul H, Responsable relations clients at Jean-Paul Hevin Chocolatier, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Gilasss,
Thank you for your review !
Unfortunately our tearoom closed last year.
Our boutique rue St Honoré is now situated on the 231 courtyard.
We will be happy to welcome you again in one of our boutiques.
Jean-Paul Hévin Team

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I stopped at the shop in Galeries Lafayette and just so many delicious choices. I went for something different and tried the creme brulle macaron. Oh my God, I really think I died and went to heaven. The perfect crisp on the outside with sort of a custardy type of inside. Can't wait to get more.

Date of visit: October 2017

Dear Madam,
Thank you for your review and recommendation !
Jean-Paul Hévin Chocolatier Team

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Jean Paul Hevin has several locations in Paris. I visited the one at Invalides since I was staying at the 7th arrondissement. It is not a big shop but it is certainly an embarrassment of delights. Aside from chocolates, it also has special confitures and other delicacies. My hands down favorite are the chocolate covered candies orange peels. It is sublime!!! My husband has difficulty assigning his favorite truffle. He just buys a double layered box of truffles. I never leave without buying the seasonal confiture. It is the pure essence of season.
There are other chocolate shops but I am always happy with Jean Paul Hevin for the last 15 years. Thank yo.

Date of visit: February 2017
JPHevin_Chocolatier, Responsable relations clients at Jean-Paul Hevin Chocolatier, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear 180lillians,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and for your loyalty ! We will be happy to welcome you again.
Jean-Paul Hévin team

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Great chocolate shop. Have shopped here in the past. Chocolate is tasty and they have some nice take home souvenir treats.

Date of visit: August 2017

Dear SWheelis,
Thank you for your review and recommendation !
Jean-Paul Hévin Chocolatier Team