“Afternoon Tea”

Angelina
Ranked #10 of 254 Coffee & Tea in Paris
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Surprised to come across a long line and a wait of at least 30mins. Was it worth it? We had their old fashioned hot chocolate and their famed Mont Blanc pastry.. it was alright. I liked the hot chocolate but found the pastry too sweet. I guess we were more overwhelmed by the interior which is why I gave higher than average rating— try it for the experience if time permits

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (9,308)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I heard about Angelina in a Pinterest article in "don't -miss stops in Paris" and I am so glad I made a point to go. We stopped at the location near the Louvre (seriously cool and hasn't been changed since the early 1900s) and enjoyed breakfast. We had exceptional service and amazing food. The eggs benedict were heavenly and all the croissants melted in your mouth. The chestnut and apricot jam were heaven. It's also seriously the best coffee I have ever had. I was so sad when they said they didn't sell the beans. They did however sell the hot cocoa and that came home with us as it was SINFULLY good! After 5 hours at the Louvre we actually walked back to have lunch (French onion soup- WOW) and a lemon tart. I will hold out hope they open a satellite location in South Dakota (HA!).

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I was told to go to Angeline’s before I went to Paris, but not told why —- just in general that it’s a great place to go.
So I want to be specific.
Go to Angeline’s.

I was told there was an Angeline’s near the Louvre. It’s about a 20 minute walk from the nearest part of the Louvre. It’s much closer to the Musee de L’Orangerie.

I went mid-afternoon and still had to wait about 10 minutes for a table. Once seated, however, the service was terrific.

There were lots of people nearby who were solo so I didn’t feel at all uncomfortable.

The menu had many yummy choices!! And no prob that my French isn’t good. The food arrived quickly. The hot chocolate was unbelievably rich and delicious!! Better than I’ve ever had, anywhere.

The decor was also lovely. I felt like I was in a movie. I felt pampered, like I was rich, entitled, totally pampered —- and it was the middle of the afternoon. It felt “sunny” inside.

I left with a few treats from the gift shop and am looking forward to giving them to family members this holiday season.

I’ll definitel return to Angeline’s in future trips to Paris and can’t recommend it enough,

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 12 November 2018

We heard about this place n the states and it definitely met the expectations the hot chocolate was divine, rich, decadent, all the adjectives that you can think of, and of course the macaroons are so good, these French almond based cookies with different fillings, yes definitely worth the visit

1  Thank Brad G
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

We went to Angelina for brunch on a Friday, having made a reservation. We were shown to out table straight away and the service was very efficient.

The food was mostly good, but the croissants did not feel fresh. Apart from that, everything was extremely satisfying.