“On second thought”

Ranked #662 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“On second thought”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel before, but I don't know if I will stay there again. Yes, it is a modern hotel compared with other in this category, the metro is super close and the area is safe. And, yes, the accommodations are good by american standards. But: 1) My single room was microscopic even for parisian standards. 2) The staff is NOT service oriented at all. Except Laurent, the only one who is helpful and agreeable (Hi, Laurent, hope you got the gift I left you). And 3) It is impossible to take a daytime nap; every little noise is amplified by the hotel structure. Tip: If you stay here, go to the nearby Belisaire restaurant. The food is good and the service is great.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Alicia_Boricua

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Having done a lot of research I choose this hotel for a 4 day trip. It was perfect .The room was bigger than many 3 star hotels and clean . Plenty of restaurants nearby and good places to have cafe & croissants . No room safe but that was not an issue. Would definitely go back. Staff were very nice and helpful . Could not believe this was a 2star. Recommend it .

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank MBLonUk
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel while on a business trip. Mr Hossini was working at the front desk.

He was hostile from the very first moment. For example, he assigned me a room on the second floor (directly above the restaurant with the outdoor dinner seating) and when I kindly asked if he had a room on the higher floor he proceeded to yell and shout at me. He was saying that if I want a better room I need to come first thing in the morning (?) . This was not explained in a reasonable manner but in a shouting, aggressive, hostile way which was supposed to make feel like an idiot for even asking but in reality made me want to walk right out of the hotel. If this was not a business trip and my colleagues were not staying here I would have done exactly that.
I came to the reception 10 min later to see if there was a print out for me and saw him just check in another person with the room on the 6 th floor. When I confronted Mr Hossini and and asked if it was true that the hotel was not full and that he just did not want to give me another room he said ' that's right'. He felt compelled to add that he did not like me from the moment that I walked in.

If you decide to stay in this hotel, make sure to be on the 'I like you' list for Mr Hossini or you will be fed up with the stay before you even see your room.

I will certainly not go back here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Boston_Traveller_12
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 16 March 2012

- rooms are very clean, modern, quite small (like most of the hotels in Paris), bathroom- clean and modern,
- there is a metro next to the hotel, it takes about 20min to get to the eiffel tower or notre dame,
- the surroundings of the hotel is very pleasant, there are some outdoor restaurants next to the hotel, and also a nice patisserie

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marsi_pl
London
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed here in mid January for a Trade Show at the Porte de Versailles Convention Center. For me this was the perfect location. Whilst the Convention Metro stop is just a few steps from the front door of the hotel, I liked to walk the one stop down the streets to the Convention Center. Otherwise, lets face it, the only bits of Paris you get to see is a bar, the hotel room and the Trade Show. It's about a 10 minute walk and very pleasant it was too.

A number of reviewers have stated that their bedroom was tiny. It's not. Yes, the rooms are small. This is Paris. I've stayed much smaller bedrooms and vividly remember kicking my toe on the bed at one place it was so small. This in comparison was quite roomy.

I didn't eat the breakfast so I can't comment on that. I did grab something from a nearby cafe on both mornings and wandered down to Porte de Versailles enjoying the architecture and munching on a pastry.

- The free WiFi was simple to log onto, fast and it worked.
- The staff were helpful.
- The room was spotless and cleaned to high standards.
- The shower was challenging and sprayed in all sorts of directions but it worked.
- Contemporary decor.
- Reasonably priced for Paris.
- Safe area. I walked back to the hotel on the first night after midnight from Porte de Versailles.

I have put this hotel into my list of places to stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business