All reviews galeries lafayette opera metro first floor great location boutique hotel lovely hotel shower head opera house side street small lift merci beaucoup recommend this hotel to anyone central location louvre museum visiting paris comfortable bed paris hotels
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

The design is inspired by chess game. My room was 16 sqm on the 2nd floor. I heard no noise, very quiet. Staff is very courteous and nice. I just loved the bathroom. The big bed is really good. It was perfect to end a day from work. Very high standards used in the room. The location is ideal as it is few meters away from Opera Garnier and the Department stores. You also have theaters and restaurants nearby. From
There you can reach place du marché saint honoré and the louvre easily.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2016

The Chess Hotel is located only a 5 minutes walk from the Opera so perfect to explore Paris. We decided to walk a lot and went from there to Louvre and Tour Eiffel or even Sacré-Cœur.

The hotel is located in a historical building, to access the lobby you have to take an elevator bringing you to the first floor. Check-in and the Chess team was very friendly, our room was already available.

The rooms are modern, very nice and at least ours was very quite. We found everything we wanted, the bed was fantastic.

Breakfast was taken in the lounge area close to the reception, quality was very good and delecious.

During the stay we were asked to attend a test for the WiFi - they provided us a 4G access point that we could not only use in our hotel room but also carry it with us during sightseeing to have free internet - a great idea we really liked.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

A lovely hotel with the best service I have ever experienced at a 4 star hotel. Very clean, lovely interior and the most comortable bed ever. We really loved the design and the atmosphere. The location is also very nice. It is close to EVERYTHING you want to see in Paris. I am certain of that this hotel soon will become rated as a "Leading hotel of the world". Next time we will go to Paris we will definetely go here.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

The Chess Hotel is just round the corner from L'Opéra on Rue Helder, therefore very handy for getting the Roissybus to CDG and for the Opera metro which gets you very easily to all of Paris. The room I stayed in was spacious with a large comfortable bed and a bathroom with a fabulous shower, lots of space and ample toiletries...as well as dressing gown and complimentary slippers. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I stayed here over Bastille and although it wasn't the cheapest it was still good value, especially for the time of year. I would stay in this lovely chequered hotel again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank ScarletTiara
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

I couldn't recommend this hotel more, the staff were so friendly and helpful with regards to dinner reservations etc and everything was within walking distance!! What I liked most about this place was that they gave you complimentary use of a smartphone for the duration of your stay and considering our phones didn't work abroad, the 4G was an absolute life saver as we could use google maps to easily get around Paris. It meant we felt a lot more comfortable going to bars/clubs etc in the evening as we knew we would be able to find our way back or call someone if needed. The rooms are very nice, the only slight drawback was that I felt the breakfast could've been better but even so I loved our stay here, definitely worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends