All reviews galeries lafayette first floor opera metro great location boutique hotel opera area opera house lovely hotel shower head heart of paris central location small lift side street merci beaucoup recommend this hotel to anyone louvre museum visiting paris
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

A lovely hotel with the best service I have ever experienced at a 4 star hotel. Very clean, lovely interior and the most comortable bed ever. We really loved the design and the atmosphere. The location is also very nice. It is close to EVERYTHING you want to see in Paris. I am certain of that this hotel soon will become rated as a "Leading hotel of the world". Next time we will go to Paris we will definetely go here.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

The Chess Hotel is just round the corner from L'Opéra on Rue Helder, therefore very handy for getting the Roissybus to CDG and for the Opera metro which gets you very easily to all of Paris. The room I stayed in was spacious with a large comfortable bed and a bathroom with a fabulous shower, lots of space and ample toiletries...as well as dressing gown and complimentary slippers. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I stayed here over Bastille and although it wasn't the cheapest it was still good value, especially for the time of year. I would stay in this lovely chequered hotel again.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ScarletTiara
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

I couldn't recommend this hotel more, the staff were so friendly and helpful with regards to dinner reservations etc and everything was within walking distance!! What I liked most about this place was that they gave you complimentary use of a smartphone for the duration of your stay and considering our phones didn't work abroad, the 4G was an absolute life saver as we could use google maps to easily get around Paris. It meant we felt a lot more comfortable going to bars/clubs etc in the evening as we knew we would be able to find our way back or call someone if needed. The rooms are very nice, the only slight drawback was that I felt the breakfast could've been better but even so I loved our stay here, definitely worth a visit.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kate T
Reviewed 9 August 2016

I stayed at The Chess Hotel for a weekend with my husband in Paris in May 2016. This hotel was by far the best I've experienced in France, and one of the better surprises in Europe, period, and I'd definitely stay again.

LOCATION: The hotel is very convenient, a quick walk to major sites, shopping, and dining. We walked all over, from the department stores down the street to the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre. (We like to walk, but nothing was too far.) The hotel is on a quiet, small, side street, so you may have difficulty hailing a taxi, but we had no problems getting an Uber every night to pick us up right outside the door. The hotel is also very close to a major subway station, which will take you to the train stations/airports if you pack light.

PROPERTY: The property is small but beautiful. There is a very small check in area with tables for breakfast and cocktails, but it's lovely with plenty of space to have a coffee or do work. The staff was very polite, especially since we do not speak French. It has a posh, adult vibe - better for couples or business travelers, not children.

ROOMS: The rooms are small, but definitely not the smallest I've seen in Paris/Europe. If you are used to traveling in Europe, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. We felt very comfortable as a couple on a weekend getaway. The room is stylish and modern, with an amazing bed and good shower. The wifi worked quite well. We even had a window opening onto a courtyard for fresh spring air.

VALUE: For the price paid, this hotel is excellent value and I'd definitely stay again!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2016

My wife and I have just returned after spending 2 nights as an annivesary getaway and couldn't have hoped for a better place to stay. From the moment we arrived we were treated politely and courteously by all members of staff who attended any needs we had. Our room was on the same side as the entrance which meant we had very little noise coming from the main road. Due to the fact that the air conditioning was on, we didn't need the windows open anyway. The room was more than large enough for our needs and the large shower head is never going to disappoint shower users. Our room was spotless, and the bathrobes, slippers,soaps and gels in the bathroom were better than the standard space fillers you get in other hotels. Our stay included breakfast, which we again found to be faultless. A great selection of fruit, yoghurts, cereals, cold meats, crepes, fresh salmon, breads, gluten free included, as well as the expected sausages, bacon and scrambled eggs. The tea and coffee selections along with amazing little pastries meant you never left the hotel requiring food for quite a while. We found the hotel's location to be perfect for all the normal tourist hits in Paris and is also perfect for nearby restaurants for an evening meal, whatever your tastebuds desire. The metro is also only a short walk away which we found the best way for us. In conclusion, a great hotel, staff and location for any visitor to Paris looking for that little bit extra. We were surpised to be informed upon arrival that a mobile phone was in our room and free to call any landline or mobile in Europe as well as the US and Canada. This phone also include information on local attractions, restaurants and entertainment which could be booked in advance.This allowed us to feel more like a local that a regular tourist.

Room tip: They have specialist disability rooms and rooms which would suit those hoping for less street noise.
Date of stay: August 2016