All reviews raspail metro stops between floors rooms are small croissants port royal free wifi charming hotel denfert rochereau luxembourg gardens minute walk rer b your luggage cdg airport main road metro stop quiet area top floor
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Small, clean, simple. Everything you need in order to enjoy one of the most strategical and amazing Paris area. Cheap and people so kindly. Fully suggested and never forget you'll be closed to several good restaurants..

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Snowman80
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

We only stayed for one night but the style of the hotel and rooms is quite cool a lot different to most others with a retro style, the size of the room is small but it is an old building, the lift stops between levels meaning some lugging of suitcases is required so don't pack too heavy or go to the gym beforehand.
Staff were friendly and the reception is manned 24/7 so that is a bonus.
Bed was comfortable
I would recommend staying here

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Warrick_005
Reviewed 9 January 2017

I normally would not stay this far out of the tourist center but i wanted to do something different on my 6th trip. The hotel is intimate and so are the rooms. I was solo and had a double bed in a quiet interior room with a minuscule shower, which are quite ordinary in Paris. I could not imagine putting 2 ppl in that room. All was spotlessly clean. The breakfast was a really good deal at 10 euros -- the selection and convenience did not make it worthwhile to go somewhere else when I could just go downstairs. But please make the coffee stronger! --this stuff really tasted like weak drip American coffee -- it's my only complaint of my entire stay! Will stay again if I feel like I want to step back from Tourist Central.

Room Tip: interior room is quiet though no view
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Maddietravel
Reviewed 9 January 2017

Booked this hotel on reviews and price over new year! In a good location with lots of restaurants,cinemas,shops and metro stations.the hotel was small,cosy,clean and friendly staff,can't comment on breakfast as not up in time! So coffee and choc au pain from bakery on way out.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2017

We had a pleasant stay at this hotel. I found it on Alastair Sawday's recommendation so I think I was expecting a bit more to be honest. I'd booked the luxury room with patio view on Expedia. The room was really quite small, with no patio to be seen. We were on the sixth floor and had a view over some other properties. Bit confused by the claim of the patio view...
Otherwise, the room was comfortable, there was a desk, two chairs, TV, free wifi. No sign of the advertised mini bar.
Breakfast was extra: 10 euros. Rally delicious frsh croissants and bread, fruit salads, yoghurt, jams and ham. Eggs were advertised. We weren't offered any but I think you could ask and pay extra for them.
On the first night (of three) the room was freezing and we couldn't get the heating in the bathroom to work. There was what seemed to be a small wall-mounted heater in there. We asked about it on the second morning but it never seemed to be resolved. Otherwise, the staff in the desk were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast waitress less so, but perfectly reasonable.
Location-wise, we were close to various metros and very close to the Montparnasse cemetery, catacombs and had easy access via metro to everywhere we wanted to visit. There were several good eateries close by: the Dome if you want something very upmarket and historic or just around the corner, the Bistro des Campagnes was excellent for a good value, delicious local French meal.

Stayed: January 2017