See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2016

...... they need to check how they advertise their rooms. They advertise that all of their rooms have shower but the toilet is outside on the landing. This I found to be untrue.

I booked a solo room with shower, when I arrived and paid my money, I got to Room 25 to find no shower. A member of staff passing by said that it is close by on the landing. When I went in the shower room, there were a pile of wet used towels and an empty shower bottle, clearly nobody bothered to clean it after the last guest. I went back to reception, produced my booking confirmation which clearly showed that the room had a shower. I said that I am aware that it is next to the room but I don't want to walk across a corridor with a towel draped around me and that I wanted a room with a shower. I wasn't loud or aggressive but insisted that I want what I booked and now had paid for. This went on for a while as I wasn't prepared to give up. They said they had no other rooms and to return in the morning.

This was a bad start to my weekend break. I went to dinner upset and angry. Yet again, we solo travellers get the raw end of the deal.

When I went to reception in the morning, I was advised that Room 13 would be free from lunchtime. I had to break my day and return to the hotel at 2pm. Room 13 (double) was a marked improvement but why did it have to happen? Yes, the staff were professional and helpful and I thanked them for sorting out another room but this experience almost ruined my holiday.

I have spoken to the booking agent because I am not sure who is at fault here. The hotel is across the road from Jardin Luxembourg and Rue Vavin and the surrounding areas have decent places to eat and drink but in spite of this I wouldn't take the risk and book here again. After spending ages researching the best deal in terms of area and price, who wants to end up in a bad room?

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Onelifeliveit
Reviewed 26 May 2016

We loved the location. It is near many of the main Paris attractions and we walked to most of them. Bus 82 goes to the Effel tower and is right outside the door.
We got the room on the 6th floor and loved it. I don't know how the main rooms were, so I can't review them. But our room was big, quiet and nice. A bit dated, but clean and comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank levelsix
Reviewed 18 May 2016

This is a good place for self sufficient travelers who are in Paris to see Paris and not lounge in their room. However, the room was just fine, very basic, spartan actually, and quiet with an old building vibe. There is an elevator for about 4 levels and then it's up the beautiful old elliptical stair. Our room was on the top floor under the roof with a distant view of NotreDame and Ste Chapelle. Jardin du Luxembourg is right out the door with lots of cafes within blocks. We liked it for our 5 day stay.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 2 March 2016

Résidence Du Palais make it clear that this is a residence and not an hotel. The rooms are basic and like us you might find yourself doing minor repairs with duck tape. The place needs lots of maintenance. The management don’t seem to care about the state of the place. The breakfast is basic too. Just bread and jam to eat, and hot drinks from a machine.
We booked because of the location. A stone’s throw from the Jardin du Luxembourg, 5 minutes from two Métro lines and the RER at Luxembourg. The location is close enough to the city centre/ Eiffel Tower to walk as we did on some days.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jollyquest
Reviewed 8 October 2015

+There is a bus that goes to the Eiffel Tower in front of the building.
+Cross the road and Jardin de Luxemburg just over there.
+Close supermarkets
+Notre Dam de Champs metro station
-The elevator is so small and narrow
-The toilets are shared ones.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces