See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Denfert-Montparnasse is a good little hotel for the price and location. Very close to the Metro. Room was very comfortable.Staff speak multi languages including English which was great. Reception Staff very helpful and informative. The main Paris attraction is a very pleasant 30 minute walk. By walking you'll be able to experience the true Paris.
I would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Quiet and rather clean, you may chose that hotel if you want to stay in Paris downtown for a short stay. Breakfast needs to be improved (quantity, quality, diversity). It is quiet and at walking distance from points of interest.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Small room w a street view. Shared the bed with my mom and it was fine. Would recommend the hotel if you like the price and the location near Montparnasse train station. Plenty of good restaurants nearby along with subways to get around the city. Wifi was good. Breakfast for 6 euros was ok. Typical french breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2016

I was unfortunately booked to stay that this hotel in June 2016. If I had read the reviews, I would have known to stay away.

The room is your basic low budget Paris Hotel room. It is very small and no AC, which isn't unusual, but it is a bit run down. The bathroom had broken tiles, a broken toilet seat, and a broken shower. But even all of that is tolerable.

The main issue is with the staff. They are very rude and make no effort to show any interest in you as a customer. When I arrived, I told the lady at the front desk my name. Another woman came out from a side office and said my room number. The lady behind the desk just grabbed the key card and tossed it to me on the desk. I'm not sure if they are family but they kept squabbling over things like who scratched the counter. It made me very uncomfortable. I felt it odd to not need to put down a credit card or some id but they said no so I went up to my room just happy to get away. There was no information on how to access the wifi in the room so on my way out to dinner, I asked about the code. The first woman didn't know so she screams over to the lady behind the counter who just shouts it out to me. The first lady asked if she would write it down for me and her reply was just "He heard me. I don't need to do that" There are some obvious issues here. The next morning I'm leaving the hotel and a man behind the counter yells at me to leave the key. I told him I was here for one more night and the lady came out of the office to confirm that. Just very odd interactions. So it's finally time for me to check out, my reservation was supposed to have been payed for ahead of time. The man said he had no idea what I was talking about and accused me of trying to leave without paying. I told him I could call the organization to see what was going on. He finally pulled up my reservation (which he should have done in the first place) and could see there was a credit card placed for the stay. He ran the credit card and I just got out of there.

There was a young man who worked overnight at the desk who was nice but everyone else was just so unpleasant. I would not stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Pierre-Cédric C
Reviewed 16 December 2015

The hotel is easy to locate and a great location for train, bus, tube, airport transfer everything 10 minutes walk. stayed there for a week , owner is very friendly and informative, breakfast was delicious could not ask for more for that price. The view out of the window is amazing.. local market right across the street where they sell fresh sea food.. oysters.. parma ham they sell in that street was divine..

Room tip: go for room with breakfast option.. breakfast is cheap and very good
Date of stay: July 2015