All reviews gare de lyon budget accommodation french hotel corner room recommend this hotel booked this hotel central paris stayed here for nights metro desk receptionist bistros seine
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Really well situated for arrivals or departures at Gare de Lyon. It's a two star property so don't expect luxury; huge rooms etc but what you get is real value. The staff are lovely, the breakfast (an extra) is great. Very handy for restaurants, buses, metro. Happily stay here next time in Paris.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Unfortunately, I broke up the trip between two hotels. I shouldn't have. After stepping off the train from Barcelona, I walked out of the Gare de Lyon, down some stairs and crossed the light and voila! The hotel was right there. Bathroom in the room, a window with an actual street view (not of the wall of the building next door that you can touch), nice natural light, metro just steps away (so easy in the rain), close to the Seine, walkable, great restaurants and not touristy, like actual French restaurants with actual normal French people dining. Really good wifi. I find most reviewers lie about that. Everyone gets their own individual wifi code, so really good wifi. Like I'm able to work while my daughter watches her videos. It's older but very clean. It's not close to a lot of sites but we easily walked to the Marais district.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Csaltpleez
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

A great room for the night I stayed, the place was exactly what it looked like in the picture. Very clean, very kind and accommodating receptionist. Just lovely people, great stay and fantastic location! Right next to the station.

Reception open 24/7 so you can arrive at anytime and they were kind in letting me leave my bag there for the weekend. And I got free breakfast. A lovely positive experience, I would go back

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Loved this place. Myself and my daughter stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Paris to see Robbie Williams. This hotel is fab!!!! The situation is spot on with the metro right outside the door! We were in room 426 which is a corner room, with three large windows it was light and airy, I will request this room when we return....which we will!!!! The hotel is within walking distance of many lovely bistros, patisseries and restaurants. Yes the lift is small, and the staircase is spiral......but that is all part of the character of this this divine french hotel!!! Loved it!!!!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Nice, small hotel just a stone's throw from the Gare de Lyon. Welcome was great, room is small as is the bathroom; no surprise it is Paris. Room rate is excellent and the bed very comfy. Interesting area with the Coulee Verte- Rene Dumont being close by( one of Paris's great secrets) also a great soup shop opposite on Boulevard Diderot. The Place de la Bastille is a short walk away too. Good hotel for a night or two before heading off from the Gare de Lyon.

Room tip: Room at the rear is quieter.
Date of stay: March 2017