“Best Barbecue! Meatball Appetizer is WOW!”

Floyd's Bar & Grill
Reserve with
Floyd's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,020 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Description: Floyd's Bar and Grill is an American-themed high quality BBQ restaurant and bar, offering dining and drinking in two different and unique atmospheres: the cozy whisky bar when you enter and the open and airy restaurant in the back. We are renowned for our Kansas City style baby back ribs, which we smoke for six hours before serving them with our homemade BBQ sauce, corn bread, coleslaw and mac and cheese. Our beef cuts are of the highest quality available: our 'Prime Rib' is 8 weeks dry aged, and only available in a limited quantity from Thursday thru Saturday night, or by advanced request. These dishes are the stars of the menu, but we also offer unique fish, poultry, and rabbit dishes, along with a critically acclaimed Caesar Salad, among other salad options. Our deserts are homemade American classics like key lime pie, pecan pie, cheesecake, s'mors pie, a perfect brownie, and a handful of other delectable deserts. Our bar offers the highest quality of cocktails concocted from the finest spirits and liquors on the market. We have over 40 whiskys, bourbons, ryes, and scotches, several styles of Old Fashions, and the best Margarita you can find in the Old World (the owner comes from Los Angeles).
Reviewed 8 May 2016

Friends staying in Paris recommended Floyd's to us. We went for lunch and were not disappointed. The meatball appetizer was excellent--the meatballs had a nice crusty outside and were juicy. The sauce was out-of-this-world good. "I want to lick the plate" my husband said after scarfing down his portion. Floyd's has a wonderful meal: barbecue ribs, macaroni and cheese, cole slaw and corn bread. The ribs were really wonderful--the sauce is perfectly spiced, yet sweet, and delicious. The mac and cheese was excellent and the cole slaw tangy. The corn bread was tad dry and crumbly but it didn't detract from an excellent meal. For dessert we had the bourbon pecan pie and cheesecake. High marks for both!

I understand that Floyd's just expanded its hours to include lunch--and word may not have gotten out yet. We were one of only three tables of guests when we were there. One table had the owner and some of his friends, and then us, and then another couple. Service was attentive but not overbearing.

If you're a fan of barbecue, give Floyd's ribs a try. They won't disappoint! (Ummm, I'm sure there is other stuff on the menu, but I couldn't tell you what....we were sent here for the ribs and we obeyed--and I'm happy we did!)

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Pork ribs in France are just a different animal, if you will. I have tried several restaurants, and cooked my own at home in Paris, and it just never is right. They all tend to the small, and get dried, perhaps because of different fat levels or whatever. Pork bellies don't seem to have the same problem. Unfortunately, this applies to Floyd's pork ribs as well.

Floyd's does have a "BBQ" cote de boeuf, that is said to be dry aged 8 weeks, then smoked for 4 hours. It's sold by the kilo, with a minimum of a kilo or so, bone in. It's interesting eating, and isn't past medium rare. I don't regret the experience, but might go for something else if I went to Floyd's again.

There's mac n cheese, hush puppies, creamed spinach and a bunch of other dishes that are probably better bets than the ribs.

The place is friendly enough and run by an ex US Air Force Academy guy. When entering you might think it's a small but nice, perhaps even happening, bar, and then you go down a passage to a simple but pleasing and quieter dining room.

Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

I went there last night with high hopes of finally finding a decent ribs place in Paris - after an enthusiastic recommendation from a colleague. The dining area at the back has a really pleasant decor and relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. For me though, it was all about the ribs - to be very fair, they had excellent flavor and delicious smokey taste - the issue was they were small, shriveled up and the little meat they had did not fall off bone at all - we had to really hunt for every tiny morsel. Very disappointing. Sticky date pud and Key Lime Pie were fine. But alas the search for good ribs is Paris continues - they were not to be found last night at Floyd's.

1  Thank AAL2005
Reviewed 20 March 2016

My partner and I used to live in the States and we felt like an American evening, so tried Floyds. It was a really good evening!

The decor of the places is great, they have a cool looking bar at the front, with a bit of speakeasy vibe and then the restaurant is out back. It was full on a Saturday night, which gave it a fun atmosphere but without being too noisy. The food is sort of traditional American but with some twists. We both started with the prawn starter, which was one gigantic prawn each with black beans on the side. It was really delicious! We then shared the rib for mains, which was good, and then shared a lovely cheesecake. We were very full by the end.

They have a good drinks menu too, including some inventive cocktails. I have to admit, the version of a dirty martini I tried, where they use liquid from a pickle jar rather than olive brine, didn't work. The taste of pickles overpowered everything else. The wine we had was good though, and they have an extensive whisky list too.

But my favourite thing was the service. Everyone was so lovely and friendly. The type of place where they genuinely seem to care about their customer having a good time. And for those with poor French, there's plenty of English spoken here too.

1  Thank something_similar
Reviewed 12 February 2016

Well, I have never have a bad time at Floyd's Bar and Grill. Every time I visit, it's been an enjoyable and varied experience.
The Bar has a great selection of Beers and Whiskeys, especially Bourbon. The Bartenders make perfect cocktails. Try the Horse Neck with Blantons Bourbon and Ginger Beer, or the Margarita with Agave Nectar-- the best I have ever tasted.
I have been for lunch, dinner, and the Sunday Roast. The menu is very unique for Paris with an accent on southern US BBQ.
The staff are very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable. When you enter from the street, you step into another world. The Bar is a popular meeting place complete with a Bear mounted on the wall. The restaurant is in the back past the BBQ and shelves of homemade preserves. It looks out to a quiet courtyard.
Make reservations for dinner and let them know what you want to order. The BBQ Ribs and Prime Rib are popular items, so the first sitting at dinner may ensure that they don't sell out.
This is the place to go if you want to impress your friends !!

2  Thank Dave C