See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel Wednesday 5th September 2018 for 1 night. I arrived about 11:30am and was greeted by a friendly woman on reception who was very welcoming and polite. She said I was able to check in early there and then which was handy. I was given room 221.
The room was a good size it was clean, and the bathroom was also of good size and the shower was very nice. The room had a Juliet balcony which overlooked the central courtyard of the hotel which wasn't a city view, but still very nice to get fresh air and have doors open. The bed was very comfy. Room decor was modern.
Gare du Nord Station is literally a 1 minute walk away and there are a few corner convenience stores in the close proximity.
The guy on reception in the evening and when I left at 5:30am to get my Eurostar train, was again very friendly polite and wished me well as I left. I found my experience and stay at this hotel a pleasurable one. Would I recommend this hotel to others? Yes! And would I stay here again when I return to Paris? For sure!! Merci for a good stay!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. They were flexible and allowed us in early. Under new management so previous unfavourable reviews we read did not correlate with our stay. The bathroom was good and the beds comfy. We stored our bags there until it was time to catch our train that evening. They could not have been more helpful. Close to train station, metro and places to eat. We gave it the thumbs up.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I was warned of small showers and elevators in Paris but the reality still took some getting used to.

We stayed in room #552 a rom with it's own private toilet and shower (there are others without). We paid a liittle over US$800 via Hotel Planner + €20+ for taxes on arrival for 6 nights.

The shower was literally standing and turning space only (I am 5ft 8inches & 158 lbs). The water pressure was great and hot & cold water functioned well.

The website mentioned recent renovations. This was evident in the bathroom only as the shower was added after the original construction. Approx. 1 ft above the floor level. There was a constant low level smell of a drain.

We joined the 2 beds together. The room and bedding looked worn but clean. The carpet not so much. We used our own resources to ensure comfort. Wash rags were not provided (apparently the norm in Paris).

We could see the Eiffel Tower in the distance from the balcony which was directly facing a traditional design apartment complex.

The lift fits 2 average sized persons (also normal for Paris).

Staff were ok. Could be a bit brosque. Helpful when asked for support.

Proximity to the metro, bus stations, bakery, restaurants was excellent.

Located in the 10th and easy access to landmarks etc. We did 6 in one day using the metro.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I slept there only one night. My room was on the 6th floor. It was dirty, old and the only electrical outlet was not functioning. I do not recommend it. The shower was so small that I hardly fitted in. See attached photos. I payed 100 euros. The only positive thing was the that at least the bedsheets looked clean.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2018

We stayed at Hotel la Vieille France for 4 nights. I must say one of the worst customer service, I had ever experience in my life. First,this hotel doesn't allow visitor during day time. we even explain that our visitor are not spending the night they were just visiting us during day time, Infact after all the explanation they stopped my brother friends from coming in the room. They literally let them wait at the lobby. I would not recommend this hotel if your expecting visitor. One thing when you leave hotel you have to return key to the front desk and it sure made us feel like they were watching us the whole time like school kids when you returned from school to dorm. They even charged us tax money at the end when we checked out I am not sure why they charged us that because we paid everything when we booked the hotel. FYI, Breakfast are not included you have to pay for it. I would not recommend this hotel if your big family member plus if your expecting visitor. Staffs are not polite at all. Worst hotel ever.

Room Tip: everything about this hotel is worse experience for us
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family