“Chinese food that's expensive but dishonest practices and price gouging put me off”

Momo 茶 Salon de the Taiwanais
Ranked #4,990 of 18,991 Restaurants in Paris
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I've eaten here 4 times now which has allowed me to try most of the items on the lunch menu. I won't be going back.

I've eaten there with Chinese coworkers and I'm told the food is Chinese. Most of the items on the lunch menu are very fat. Fried chicken, pork with lots of fat, even my vegetarian sticky rice meal was fried. The fish is actually good and quite light. It must be prepared ahead of time because just a few minutes after ordering they bring you your food. And they take your plate away as soon as you finish the last bite, even if others at your table are still eating. They brought the bill before we were even finished. We always feel rushed. Which is good if you're in a big hurry, but not so good if you want to enjoy a relaxing meal with friends or coworkers.

For the desert the lunch menu says "coconut balls" but unfortunately you only get one and it was tiny. My coworker asked to take the rest of her meal home, which she does in all the lunch restaurants and they charged her 1 euro for that. She relunctantly said ok and when they brought it, they had put the rest of her meal (beef saté, another Chinese dish!) in a plastic cup. 1 euro for a plastic cup? Sorry but that crosses the limit. We felt taken advantage of. 14 euros is quite expensive for a Chinese meal which is about the same as you'd get at any of the other thousands of Chinese restaurants in the area, and to pay another euro for a plastic cup is a real rip-off.

I tried talking to the person in charge but she had a real attitude and said it's like that, trying to tell me the cups are used for tea which cost 4.50 euros. There is no concept of customer service and I told her we wouldn't be coming back. She didn't seem to care. The restaurant is in a touristy area and there are plenty of people to rip off. Try not to be one of them.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

The restaurant offers a variety of "yummie" options...staff was attentive and food was serviced relatively quick...I recommend it

Reviewed 3 November 2016

The food was apparently much better than in average Parisian Taiwanese restaurant. The place is very small and the lunch package barely fits to the table.
Apart from the food, it is not a place to relax and enjoy your meal, because the service would not leave you alone. Especially if you are with a small child. We went there with a 2,5 years old toddler.Two ladies were constantly on guard and first tore the eating sticks from child's hands, and addressed us in a very strict and patronizing manner, first because I gave my child one tapioca pearl to chew and then swallow and second because the child was drumming occasionally the box under the seating. One of the ladies told us that she might break the wines that are stored in the box. I should also mention that the child was behaving well: did not throw tantrums or push the objects on the table.

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

when you want to eat Asian food, this is the best choice! The food is amazingly delicious. they have special package with reasonable price. for Paris price, I think it's a good price to get appetizer, main course and dessert/drink. They have bubble tea here, but honestly I'm not really like their bubble tea. I recommend you to eat something porky here, it's tasty!!

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Only one person is nice. But the lady who does the coking is horrible!!!!!!
We were even scared what she puts in our plate!!!!!!!