All reviews one person at a time minute walk from the hotel stay there again stayed in this hotel for nights large bathroom clean rooms walking distance bastille gare cons suitcases
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

This was a nice little hotel that met our needs and our budget for two nights in Paris. Very clean facilities, and friendly staff, and they didn't mind speaking English when we fumbled trying to speak French. Quiet room, small, but we were expecting that, and it didn't cause any problem, as we were out of the room most of the time.

The shower was basically just a corner of the bathroom that you pull a curtain around (but I knew to expect that from reading reviews). It wasn't very comfortable, and certainly encouraged one to take a short shower! However, I was totally fine with that, given the price of the room. It was very clean, just a tight fit. The elevator was out of order, which was kind of a bummer since we were on the 4th floor, and would have probably been more of a bummer if we were there for an extended time. After a full exhausting day of walking around Paris, it would have been nice to been lifted up to our room, but again, certainly nowhere near a deal breaker given the price. Vending machine in the lobby came in handy.

This was well located, near Ile St.-Louis, which was very cool. Also near Le Marais. Don't hesitate to stay here (unless you are very picky about showers!)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ameelizabeth
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had to attend a conference in Paris and I decided to stay in this hotel. I was absolutely delighted by the building, close to the canal St Martin and by the friendly atmosphere. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. The hotel is conveniently located close to the gare de Lyon and many tube stations to visit Paris. The area is very pleasant and peaceful with a lot of boulangeries and cafés. We enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pashcal
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I spent 4 nights in this hotel for tourism purpose with my family and family of my wife (a big group) by the end of January this year. The rooms are clean, modern (wifi), well equiped and very comfortable. The breakfast is delicious and the sevice excellent ! The location cannot be better, very close to Bastille station which deserves directly the Champs Elysees avenue, the Louvres and the Hotel de Ville. The receptionists are very polite and very helpful. I hardly recomend this hotel for whatever purpose as the balance between quality and price could't mach better. Just love it !

Room Tip: For 2 people I recomend a room (if available) by the roof as they are exceptionnally quiet and very stylish. For 2 adults and two young kids I hardly recommend one of the big family room finishing by the numbers 06.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank guillaume_anderson
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Booked in for two nights, staff at reception were very friendly and helpful both for hotel facilities and pointing us in the right direction to get to various places around Paris.

The rooms were small but clean and very quiet and would stay there again

Breakfast was €9.50 but you had a good continental selection and plenty of coffee and fruit juice.

The hotel is a short 5 minute walk to Bastille with good metro connections.

All in all ideal for a short break to Paris.

Room Tip: The lift is very small so if you have lots of luggage a room on a lower floor might be advisable.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank longmarch
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights last November 2012 during my first visit to Paris. I don't speak French so it was really good that the personnel at the reception spoke very good English. My room was kept clean everyday although it had a lingering smell of cigarette smoke in the bathroom. I didn't really mind it much as I am a smoker myself and the smell faded after I took my first shower in the bathroom.

The best thing about this hotel, though, is the location. It is very near the Bastille MTR station and Gare de Lyon. Most of the key tourist sites of the city are a train ride away from the Bastille station which is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo