All reviews romantic hotel closest hotel sacre coer rose petals rooms are small romantic break deluxe room moulin rouge the nearest metro station classic room breakfast was excellent wonderful hotel our honeymoon restaurants and bars stayed here for nights short walk perfect location
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Hotel Montmartre Mon Amour is located next to Sacre Coeur in Montmartre. The hotel was renovation in 2012 and offers 24 room over 4 floors. Montmartre Mon Amour is decorated to the theme of love and radiates a rendez-vous hotel atmosphere. Staffs are friendly and welcoming.

We had a non-smoking room all in red. The room was in the second building and we found the air-conditioning machines in between rather noisy. The room had a desk & stool, a couch, a wardrobe, a flat screen TV, a fridge, a coffee & tea making facility, an OK double bed, and a small separate bathroom with washbasin, toilet and shower cubicle. All was clean, however the mattress needs a replace. The windows can be opened but have no mosquito screens.

Like most Parisian hotels Montmartre Mon Amour doesn’t not serve dinner. At walking distance you find different dining options. The buffet breakfast is OK but nothing special and is served in a cramped part of the lobby.

We would recommend Montmartre Mon Amour to anyone who seeks an OK night’s sleep in the heart of Montmartre.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Cécile P, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear MrsPiket,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review.
Your feedback is really important for us as it will help us to improve the Montmartre Mon Amour Hotel.

Stay assured that we take note of your point of view.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

The hotel was beautiful and the staff excellent. We had an issue with Expedia.com, who didn't book the room we ordered, and because the hotel was full, we did not get the room we ordered. This is an Expedia.com problem and does not reflect the quality of the hotel. Consequently the room we stayed in was very small, but beautifully decorated and clean.The staff were excellent and very friendly.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are very small.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear michaeljhatley,

Thank you for your understanding. You are welcome to come back for your next stay, and I am sure you will be able to enjoy the room you ordered this time.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Right at the base of Sacré-Cœur, Paris
Surrounded by numerous cafe s and restaurants. Price was reasonable. Rooms are fine for our needs but I’m sure others may think of them as too small. Who spends that much time in a hotel room in Paris anyway.
Only a slight beef. When we were ready for check in we found out that the person occupying the room had not checked out. The staff was super about trying to get our room ready ASAP but it still took two more hours. Again not really their fault. We were just tired from our flight from nyc

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Douglas N,

Thank you first for your comment on TripAdvisor.

We also would like to thank you for your patience. Please take in account that this situation normally never happens. We did all our best to deliver your room as soon as possible.

All our team hope to see you again in the Montmartre Mon Amour Hotel.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

My impression of this hotel is that the hotel, the rooms and facilities are good but the staff let it down.
Although very kind and friendly, they don't seem to know how to run a good hotel.
I was sent a pleasant email with a questionnaire. One of the questions was what time I would arrive. I told them, but my room wasn't ready when we arrived. In fact 3 out of the 4 times we came back to the hotel (ranging from 14.30 to 15.00) our room had not been cleaned. One day, we came back hot and sweaty and had to wait until 4pm to get into our room.
This, you might think, is a bit poor but acceptable. But when you have to wait in the uncomfortable, dark breakfast room with bad coffee and warm tap water, it becomes an issue.
I understand they might be busy or even full, so employ more staff. This fact is even more annoying when I am sat in the dark room and staff are in there eating or drinking, then we see other staff sitting around. Surely they can help clean my room??
The breakfast room has small tables so when you finish with a bowl or plate, you have to place it on another table. Only on one morning, I saw someone clear the tables while I was there. Only because the room was filling up.
The breakfast selection for a 4 star hotel is lazily poor. Everything there is for the staff's convenience first and the guest's second. It's a button press coffee machine, turn handle cereal despenser and a box of croissants. The only thing cooked is dry sausages, bacon and eggs. There are 3 small jugs of milk (your cereal bowl will need 1 and a half). Staff never came to re-fill food or milk. On many occasions I had to help myself to clean bowls and a bread knife. Staff only came round to ask for a room number. It might as well had been self catering.

The bed is comfy but the room is very small with no mini-bar. Eventhough they took my credit card just in case I used the 2 bottles of water and a weird sounding "Love box". This means no room fridge. I had to use the main hotel fridge to cool my cans of coke. Another guest did the same, so I am guessing other rooms do not have fridges' in them.
The small room is very dark, we had all the lights on every time we were in the room. The showers are amazing and are very powerful.
Small room, small shower and oddly small squarw pillow. Eventhough they give you 2 as standard, I've got bigger cushions in my living room.
We were next to the lift and we didn't hear it once.
The very small lift will only fit 2 average sized people, anyone larger will have to go one at a time.
The area is stunning, with friendly local and lovely looking restaurants and bars. The area is VERY hilly (the nearby church is Paris' highest point) and is not suitable for people with walking problems or in wheelchairs.
This hotel should not be a 4 star hotel. I have stayed in many 4 star hotels and this is the close to the bottom of that list.
I'm sure there are many actual 4 star hotels that are better in Paris.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Cécile P, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear ChrisW1264,

First of all, thank you for having taken the time to leave us your impression on TripAdvisor.
We are really surprised to read that your last stay did not meet your expectations.It is unfortunate that you have not exchanged with us, I would have had the pleasure to communicate about those points.
I would like to clarify again the elements of your discontent following your stay at the Hotel Montmartre Mon Amour.

- The check-in time is actually from 2pm as our room maids are able to clean the rooms only from 12pm, time of the check-out. Your arrival time helps us to know which room to prioritize but we have sometime as many as persons arriving at the same time.

- Guests are frequently going out from the early afternoon and are coming back in the late afternoon. Therefore we normally have enough room maids to clean the rooms in time. I am sure the receptionist would have had the pleasure to prioritize your room if he knew at what time you were coming back.

- Our breakfast room has been built in such a way to keep the calm and the intimacy of couples, for giving a romantic ambiance. Moreover, we have preferred a coffee machine which are able to offer various choices as Capuccino, Cream Coffee, Hot Chocolate, etc.

- I invite you to book our Deluxe room for your next stay, which will be probably more convenient to your needs. Those rooms are bigger and have a refrigerated mini-bar, as well as a coffee machine and a tea kettle. Indeed, our standard rooms are smaller with less stuff but they are also cheaper.

- Also, we are located in Paris and particularly in Montmartre area, so the places do not allow the buildings to get a larger lift.

Although I realize that we can not change the past, it is important to restore your trust in us and our hospitality. I invite you to contact me directly or I would be more than happy to discuss more with you.
Thus, I propose you to select the Montmartre Mon Amour Hotel again for your next Parisian stays to welcome you personally.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Service was awesome and staff is genuinely friendly. Location is ideal next to Notre Dame. Decoration is original and very warm. The only negative point is that the rooms are ridiculously small (barely enough room to go around the bed...).

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philippe G
Cécile P, Directeur général at Montmartre Mon Amour, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Philippe G,

Thank you for your awesome comment. Our team is composed of beautiful people of whom we are very proud !
I invite you to book our Superior or Deluxe room for your next stay, which are probably more convenient to your need as they are larger than the Standard ones. I am sure you will love it !

See you soon,