All reviews place to sleep bed was comfortable walking distance quiet street montparnasse metro
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I stayed here for one night in June. It was booked by someone else so I cannot comment on the booking procedure. It was within walking distance from the Metro which was good.

The man on reception was great. He was really friendly and helpful. He was very welcoming, explained to us about keys. lighting and the hotel. He was also very helpful in recommending a fantastic restaurant that was nearby.

The reception areas was lovely. The stair case was a bit dusty but my room itself was spotlessly clean.. I had a single room which was small but very nice. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small but again perfectly clean. there were plenty of towels available and the shower was great. There was no coffee making facilities in the room and there was some hotel info in there but no info about what was available in Paris which would have been nice (but there was this information available in reception).

The biggest issue that I experienced was in the middle of the night, a couple on the floor below were having a very loud argument which went on for a long while! This was not the hotel's fault but it did disturb my sleep considerably. It had been quite quiet until then.

The other problem was remembering that the lights in the corridor and stair case needed to be switched on from the wall switch and they were not automatically on. I was plunged into darkness a couple of times when someone turned off a light!

We did not have breakfast in the hotel so I cannot comment on this.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel to share a room with a colleague. I used booking.com. I thought I was booking a twin room but in fact found out that my colleague and I would have to share a double bed when we arrived there. Apparently this is quite common on Booking.com. The hotelier advised us to next time select where we want to go on Booking and then go to the hotel’s own website to book the exact room we want. He was super nice. He tried to find us a new room but but there wasn’t any available. The hotel decor is a bit oldish. The carpets are frayed, the bathroom walls have a bit of mold and the room is super small. Apart from that it is fine and is good value for money. There’s a lift (it only takes 1 person) so no worries if you find yourself on the top floor. There are quite a few shops and restaurants really close to the hotel and yet the hotel is in a quiet side street. We had a couple argueing at 2am and their screams woke everyone up, but apart from that it would have been a very peaceful night, with no traffic noise. The room is very warm. There is no AC. It would not be a problem leaving the window open as it is a quiet area.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Its quite an average hotel in Paris. There are much better hotels which offer better quality of comfort and this is certainly not it. The staff (most of them) are not so friendly, not helpful and the welcome in particular is pretty awful. The rooms small, not so clean, broken taps and showers. the breakfast is not the best for even 10Euros. pretty average. the location is pretty noisy and it is all the time. you wake up to the garbage collecting guys and the street is pretty noisy

Room tip: To be honest, not sure which one to recommen
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Don't stay here. My five foot tall wife can't barely fit in the shower in our room. The rooms use plastic to spare the walls so you can here everything! Right now the guy next door to us is peeing. Not being nosy. Just sounds like someone is pissing next to my ear! It's 2:45am. I can't sleep. Went to the "24 hour" lobby. Had to wake up the reception guy off the couch. Hotel is booked and he can't help me. Told me to come back in the morning to speak to someone else. I told him I'd just like a refund for the second night or ill get my bank to get it from them. I stayed in a 12 bed dorm in a hostel that was nicer and quieter than here. I dont understand how they can be a 2 star. Should be no star. They put a trash can in the lift also so you can't use it..hotel is FREEZING. Probably will have a cold before we leave this hell hole.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Direction H, Directeur général at Hotel du Maine, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Sam M, we are very sorry for your disappointment. We take seriously into account your comments and suggestions to improve our services and we care about our customer wellfare. We regret if you could not sleep well despite the location of the hotel. We are based in a small street so our customers are away from the noises of the boulevards. We want to inform that we have a strict standardized system made by professionals classifying every hotel in France. We are sorry if you get cold despite the heating of the hotel. This month has been especially freezing in France.
Best regards

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Hello everyone,

I went two times in this hotel on September and December 2017. Here is an overview on my little experience there:

What I really like in this hotel:
great price for Paris
great location - close to Montparnasse but in a quiet street
nice friendly staff
I did not test the breakfast there, so I cannot review that

What can be improved:
please have some spare blankets for your customers - I am sure I am not the only grandma style client :)
the rooms are really small- there is nothing you can do about that, the good price have a justification

I will probably go to this hotel again because of the price, because of the location - this hotel is definitely a good idea for anyone that look for basics: a good place to sleep for an affordable price.

Kind regards,