“Sad experience”
Review of Les toques

Les toques
Reserve with
Les toques is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #601 of 18,708 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$14 - US$53
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Reading the other reviews my expectations were high, which propably made the disappointment sting more. At first we thought the restaurant was closed as the lighting was so dim. Once inside we were greated by a very friendly waiter. We were the only ones in the restaurant at the time. I ordered veal with olives and potatoes, while my girlfriend ordered pasta with a tomato sauce. We were worried once we heard a microwave buzzing from the kitchen and our fears came true when our food arrived. My veal dish was bland, grey and sad, while my girlfriends pasta was actually decent but nothing amazing. The deserts tasted good, which makes us believe the place has potential, but lost its way sometime ago.

buttisabine, Propriétaire at Les toques, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Dear customer, microwave is to warm plates because the size of our kitchen does not allow us to have a dish warmer. We are sorry that you did not appreciate our veal.
Perhaps a next time, you will like everything. Best regards.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

The cook was in italy. You can taste the infunence. For the kid, he prepared a special meal with lamb and potatos

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Our first night in Paris we wandered out from our hotel located within a 15 walk to Sacré-Coeur, and lucked upon this lovely gem. There seemed to be all locals patronizing Les Toqués and the menu looked amazing, so in we went! We opted for two appetizers, a shared entrée, and shared desert. The carpaccio was okay, but the tartare au saumon was to die for! I could have eaten several plates of it. The quality was absolutely amazing! Our shared entrée was a fish meal with puréed broccoli and a curry sauce. I didn't even realize I was ordering puréed broccoli, but boy was it tasty! The fish was amazing. Last but not least, we had a plate of cheeses. Yummy. Our experience was lovely. Haven't been in France for several years and my French skills are rusty! No matter, the waiter was awesome. Even poked his head out the door after we slipped outside to tell us bye. If you stay near Montmartre, you must go here. 100% a wonderful experience!

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

We went there by chance passing by and we were more than pleased. Food service atmosphere price everything was perfect. We liked it so much that we returned. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 April 2016

Everything is superbe! The service is fast and friendly. We had an eco wine that we got recommended for the duck (Aiguillettes de canard marinées au sirop d'hérable, poélée de petits légumes), the the waiter recommended an entrence that went well with the wine.

For dessert we had Mi-cuit au chocolat and cheese cakes. The Mi-cuit au chocolat is fantastic! I see that other reviews recommend the cheese cakes, but I would definitely go for the Mi-cuit au chocolat.