All reviewsfriendly receptionbreakfast roomwalking distancebistrotstolbiacdistrictwifinoisestreetstationmetro
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Breakfast can be improved. Fruits at the breakfast are from tins. The fresh orange juice machine is the best option. Staff in the Breakfast is very good. But people at the reception need to greet people when they are coming in/out.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2017

This was my second stay at the Green Hotel. What can I say? I have tested dozen of hotels in downtown Paris, well I think I finally found my second-home when staying in Paris - off-season rates are particularly attractive (80 euros with breakfast?! - in late june I had to pay 220 euros). Rooms are still small but nice a nice and healthy, eco design - the district (i.e., Tolbiac Street) is what makes this hotel great too - on the 14 line, walking distance to the 7 one and I guess the 5 - but you can even walk from the Gare de Lyon station, takes 20 minutes when not carrying luggages. So basically, you can easily reach any spot in downtown Paris. Location is great because its reasonnably central (see above) while being out of those fake touristic spots - just have a drink or a meal in one of the numerous bistros or local restaurants all around - no tourists, just real peole living there. Breakfast is still quite decent - helpful and polite staff.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jo_cicco
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Paid for a room with AC. Upon a late arrival, the AC did not work, AT ALL! We called down to the front desk, and they said there was nothing they could do. I pressed, they had to do something, our room was sweltering! The man said he was sorry, there was nothing he could do. So I asked for at least a discount, we paid $160 for this room, this was ridiculous! He said he could do that, and would put the request into the manager tomorrow.

We had to sleep with the windows open, or we probably would have died, which opened up to an insane amount of noise from the street. Needless to say, it was a horrible night's sleep of sweating, sirens, drunk people yelling, pounding music from passing car's speakers! Really pumped to go onto the next day of our vacation feeling haggard from a hellacious night!

When we left in the morning, I again, asked at the front desk about a discount after that miserable night... Long story short, got a bunch of lip service "We can discount a room rate next time you stay here" ... Um why would I ever stay here again!? And P.S. I live in America, not France, so the likeliness of that opportunity even arising again is slim. This place sucks, and they don't care about maintaining their rooms, and charging you, or discounting you, (because they suck) fairly. Stay somewhere else, or at the very least, check your AC before you settle in and pay for it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel R
Damien K, Directeur général at Green Hotels Paris 13, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Sir,
Your comment is very rude on us.
Yes it's true that you paid 160€ but it was for 2 nights with breakfast included.
This week end in septembre was very cold so we put the air conditionning is heating mode.
We already talked together about this story and to have a best discount you should book directly with us on our web site.
Best regards

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Although the rooms are small, it feels very cozy, very good for a 3 star hotel. The curtains are very thick, which helps to warm the room on cold days, like the days of my short visit to Paris - however it can affect you to determine whether it's day or night if you rely on sunlight to get up. The bathroom is cozy, the beds are very comfortable, I loved the detail of the bears on the pillows and the green decor, goes with the style of the hotel. The only thing that should improve is the size of the room where breakfast is served, in the two days of my visit I could not access as there were no tables available. There are restaurants and minimarkets nearby, which helps to compensate for the small breakfast room. The hotel is located near the Bibliothèque François Mitterrand and Olympiades stations, which can be reached by walking a few blocks. All in all, it is an excellent option to spend a few days in Paris.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2017

For a mid-range hotel - the rooms and bathroom were clean although unusual smell from bathroom. Air Conditioning unit was particularly noisy too that didn't lend itself to sleep and the door locking mechanism sounded like it was resetting itself spontaneously on numerous occasions, or many people were trying to get into my room through the early hours that was distracting and after a while a bit unnerving. Breakfast was fairly basic for the price but staff were all very helpful and I liked eco vibe about the place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business