“delicious dessert”
Review of Hanoi

Hanoi
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Hanoi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,632 of 19,123 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$17 - US$35
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Walked passed it after a visit to the Centre Pompidou. The place looks very small (we didn't realise there was a room downstairs), small tables, not much space. We ordered the "do it yourself" rice wraps with lemongrass pork (excellent!) and marinated tiger prawns, very nice. I'm not a big fan of Vietnamese desserts, but the caramelised bananas on a bed of coconut tapioca perls was to die for. The landlady didn't smile much but was helpful enough, the service was very fast.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I do recommended this restaurant if you like to have nice Vietnames food. But the service is just like in Slowmotion. And the space are really small. For the rest is good.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Neat and tidy restaurant. Food looks as described in menu but more style over substance and flavour. No passion in the cooking. Do the chefs taste the food for seasoning or boil up a caldron and add water? We were expecting authentic flavours but sadly didn't get them. Waiting staff ok but not welcoming bland like the food and no enthusiasm.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

During our 5 days in the Mara is we had dinner here our first and last nights. Both visits had lightning service. We were so hungry that we were out of there in record time. We werent rushed, just hungry. Food did not disappoint, especially the chicken with chili and lemongrass. We slso loved the fried noodles, the cbicken fried springroll and the shrimp with garlic and pepper. Everything was well executed and very tasty. On our last night I had a stuffy headcold and the flavors were just what the doctor ordered.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Maybe I am too used to American Vietnamese food, but this place was amazing.
I thought the dining area was small until I went downstairs and found an additional dining room. Service was pretty fast, and the staff did well in understanding my horrible French.
The food, however, was great. Best vermicelli I have ever had, and I have had a lot. Fantastic bahn xeo. In fact, everything we ate was so good, we went back again.
The place can get crowded easily, and tables are pretty close to each other, but it is all worth it.