“Parfait!”
Review of Invictus

Invictus
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Invictus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 19,142 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$25 - US$70
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Description: Welcome to Paris, little french restaurant, near by le jardin du Luxembourg and Montparnasse area, you will find a traditionnal french cuisine with some influence from my differents visits overseas .Fresh product, veggies, fishes, meats and a lot of differents flavours. We are opened every night from 18h30 to 22.15, Hope to see you you soon and be a part of your lovely trip in Paris, A bientôt!!!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Thanks to TripAdvisor, what a great find this was tucked away in a side street we would never have ventured down if just looking for food. I’m often slightly sceptical of places that get such gushing TA reviews but make no mistake, these are entirely deserved and we had an excellent meal attended to by the chef owner Christophe and his charming staff, who tolerated our rusty French and all spoke excellent English.

The dining room is small and got very busy so make sure you book ahead. The menu is short but there were a number of specials available, many with fish. We had beef teriyaki and pan fried veal which were simple in execution but with excellent ingredients and perfectly cooked. We paid €160 for three course with wine and coffee which, given the location and quality of the cooking, I think is fantastic value for money.

We were staying in the Montparnasse area but this restaurant is definitely worth travelling to from further afield. I hope we can return again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Invictus was one of the best two meals on our trip. Wonderful for celiacs as essentially the entire menu is already gluten free or easily accommodated for the gluten averse. The chef-owner is very charming and funny and speaks perfect English and can explain the ingredients so there’s no risk of accidental gluten ingestion. Those in my party who do not have celiac also greatly enjoyed the meal. Ambiance is superb. Cozy bistro. We started with appetizers including shrimp, crabmeat, and burrata with tomatoes, all of which were delicious and flavorful with fresh ingredients. For main dish, some of us had steak and some had fish. All were superb. But save room for dessert! There was a delicious cold white chocolate soup with strawberries. And a gorgeous delicious chocolate soufflé. All gluten free! Be careful, grand mariner soufflé contains gluten. Would definitely recommend to any Parisian visitors, celiac or not.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We walked in without a reservation and were immediately welcomed by the chef.
The food is amazing and internationally inspired. We enjoyed the veal, beef and cod special. Save room for dessert.
Families are welcome.

1  Thank Sammo50
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We were the first to arrive that freezing March evening but every table soon filled up - a good sign on s Sunday night. The chef himself greeted us and circled back several times. The service was friendly and efficient. We took the main course recommendations, all good ones. The wine list wasn’t long and our Morgon was pricey. The noise level wasn’t too loud for our aging ears. We recommend and will return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I made a booking to diner here solo in December 2017 based on TA reviews. I was staying in Paris for 5 weeks in the Marais and decided this trip to expand my dining experience to other Paris areas.

The booking was made via their website prior to leaving Australia and was easy to do and a confirmation received.

I was greeted by the owner/chef when I arrived and shown to my table. The service was attentive and I ate three courses with three glasses of wine and coffee at a cost of 98 euro.

Very pleasant night but you need to remember you are dining at a restaurant not a bistro so the prices are more expensive.

I was bid goodbye by the owner as I was leaving.