“HEARTY DELIGHT”
Review of Restaurant Ukraine

Restaurant Ukraine
Reserve with
Restaurant Ukraine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,981 of 18,124 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Ukrainian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 12 September 2015

The name of this restaurant is now KALINKA. We have eaten here several times, most recently September 11, 2015. The food is individually prepared and of excellent quality. We started off with the soup nfollowed by chicken stroganoff. Both were wonderfully flavored. The owner has recently redecorated which makes for a very pleasant dining experience. The establishment is small and plain looking from the outside. Don't be fooled; inside there is delightful food to be enjoyed.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

I went with a few friends for dinner last night and tasted some really delicous dishes. A large selection of traditional Ukranian main courses, salads and starters are on the menu as well as traditional drinks and desserts. The portions are fairly big so a main course plus a dessert or a starter are enough even for bigger appetites. The service is good too. Highly recommended to discover or re-discover some delicious and freshly made Ukranian specialties.

Reviewed 24 March 2015 via mobile

The food at the restaurant is absolutely amazing! I ordered the traditional borsch and Goulyash Kazaki (if I remember the spelling correctly) and both of them were exceptional!

We happened to sit next to a big table of Ukrainians who were super dancing . Basically the dinner was like inside a club but what is better than witnessing some Ukrainian fun while eating at a Ukrainian restaurant ?

One point less for the service. They messed up my dish , which resulted in me waiting for my main dish for 30+ mins

Reviewed 1 March 2015

Having eaten wonderfully in Kiev, I was excited to discover this restaurant - something different for my regular evenings in Paris.
Unfortunately, once was enough.
Dark, gloomy place, haphazard service, poor food that was overpriced.
I ordered a herring salad. Simple enough. A few slices of herring, a few boiled potatoes and half a boiled egg. Could have done that in my hotel room, and presented it better!
Next course: goulash. Fond memories of this from several Eastern European visits, including Kiev. Not like this - gloupy dark brown bland sauce covering a few chunks of meat. Not enough rice.
I won't bother to describe the dessert. Suffice to say I managed two mouthfuls.
Waitstaff probably sensed there was no tip coming, which may describe the wordless and disdainful attitude when I went to settle up.
My advice is to steer clear.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The place is quite dark and small. Manu is pretty limited with basic soup and couple of russian home food. Service was very poor, the waiter (may be he was also an owner) was enjoying a company of his friends, while customers were ready to order food and pay bills. I felt like I was in the cheap turkish bar.