“one of the best places in Paris”
Review of Ikra - CLOSED

Ikra
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Description: Ikra is a Zakouskis bar ("tapas" in Russian) that serves continuously from noon to 23h. The idea of Hagop Markarian, former director in one of restaurants of Cyril Lignac and familiar of the Russian and Armenian culture, is to democratize the Russian gastronomy to make it more fun and accessible to all.
Reviewed 14 January 2015

That was my first visit to Paris with my husband. We were wandering the streets of the city and found this wonderful place and as far as we were already rather hungry, we decided to have dinner there, also because the name attracted me, I am natively Ukrainian)) To sum up I can say we were very pleased with service and food! And I recommend this place to other tourists with pleasure!

1  Thank Marina V

Reviewed 11 November 2014

The food was ok but very expensive for the small portions that they served in an ultra-modern setting. The night we were there the restaurant was quite empty. There were only 2 tables of diners including our own.

The musicians kept asking diners at the other table to suggest songs for them play. We saw this scene playing out and knew our time to be annoyed would come. We sat in uncomfortable silence as the two musicians played away on their instruments right in front of us and we couldn't wait for the songs to be over. Then, of course, they hinted that they wanted money for their music.

If you like live music played right in-your-face all night long and to, then, be sollicited for money while eating ok food in a modern setting, well, you've come to the right place.

Dinner for 6 with pre-dinner drinks, wine and desserts came to about €300.

Our waitress served us the wrong dessert but did not apologise for the mistake when we informed her.

2  Thank nouglytourist
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Russian food in Paris with astounding classical music to entertain the senses.
All beautiful in a warm wonderful mid May spring evening in city of life.
This is a great place to choose for an excellent experience.
Location is good easy to get to from many of the surrounding hotels.
Recommend? Yes.
Return? Absolutely.

1  Thank Journeyman644
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I had been to this place first, on May 2013 and second just couple of days ago...

It has a great concept... Classical music and Russian food!!! And the music is live!!!!

The food was great and the musicians were amazing...

If you want to dine in a different ambiance then don't miss this spot!!

2  Thank g b
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Was there tonight for dinner. Server was super nice-very attentive, the music and decor were great! Had the babushka kutlet as an entree and the shrimp pierogi for appetizer. Serving size was large, and I was completely happy with my meal =) Haven't gone to a Franco-Russian restaurant before, but based on this experience, will definitely go again. Great job!

2  Thank Aline D