1,408 results
All reviewslatin quarternotre dameluxembourg gardensapple macgreat locationluxembourg stationrooms are smallrer baround the cornerquiet streetsuperior roomwatch tvinternet accesscrepesquiet at nightcdg airportbreakfast room
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Very good location. Nicely decorated hotel with everything you need. Room was compact and was a bit squishy with 2 suitcases but it was one of the smaller rooms. Also had new computer with internet in the room. Only problem, we waited 15 minutes for them to book a taxi and then was told they couldn't get one to come so we had to walk to the taxi stand a few blocks away. Other than that the staff were very friendly and spoke English very well.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Excellent location and sized rooms for Paris, off the main street and rooms come with free internet via the TV. Even better was going for lunch just round the corner, and Bono walking in and sitting near us!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank PistolPete75
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I stayed at this hotel for six nights in May 2009. I found the staff to be very nice and very helpful. The hotel is very clean and my room was comfy. I stayed in room 15 at the end of the hall on the second floor. My room looked out over the courtyard that is still undergoing some construction. I'm sure the courtyard view will be lovely when finished. The decor is modern with a funky vibe and the pics that are posted by the hotel are accurate. The location is great, there are tons of restaurants and cinemas close by and you can walk to most of the major sights. I loked having a mac in my room with internet access. My only complaint is that I wish they would add another english tv channel. The only english language tv is BBC world news and CNBC...ugh. I plan on returning to Paris soon and will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank ski83
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We spent 3 nights in one of the deluxe rooms on the 5th floor overlooking the Sorbonne with a view of the Pantheon. The room was immaculate. It felt like we were the first people to stay there. It was small but had everything we needed. The bed was comfortable, there was enough storage and the bathroom had a tub and shower. I loved the Mac. It was really handy to be able to surf the web and look at what we were going to do next day, pick places to eat and so on. I hadn't used a Mac before but it was dead easy and worked really well.
I had heard this hotel could be noisy but we weren't disturbed at all and I'm a light sleeper. There was some street noise from about 8am but we were up well before this.
The lift was out of order the whole time we were there. It was a bit of a drag but we're reasonably fit. I wouldn't have been happy if I was elderly or disabled, however.
The air conditioning hadn't been switched on at the time of our visit but the room temperature was ok. I believe it was due to go on in the next few days.
We didn't eat breakfast here so can't comment on the food.
The location of this hotel was perfect for seeing central Paris. It was a short stroll from Notre Dame and very close to the Luxembourg Gardens- a lovely place to relax.
I thought the price was fair - we booked directly with the hotel online. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thegoodwitch
Sorbonne-Hotel, Manager at Hotel Design Sorbonne, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2009

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your comments. It looks like you stayed with us during the serious lift breakdown that happened this spring, for which a new motor had to be ordered and - unfortunately - waited for. We have repaired everything since and it is now working perfectly.

As for the air conditioning, it was switched on a few weeks ago and proved its efficiency during the first warm days of June.

Thanks for the kind remarks and hopefully we'll see you again sometime soon!

Best regards

David GERMAIN

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2009

We stayed for 2 nights at the beginning of our trip to France, never having been to Paris before. We had a room on the 5th floor with a view to the Panthenon, which was lovely. It was nice and quiet for our stay. We were prepared for the room to be small, but it was fine for us (my husband is 6'3"). We could walk around the bed but it was cosy. The room was stylish and very clean. The only issue we had was the bathroom screen didn't really do the job and the floor got soaked with every shower, but not a major problem. We would happily stay again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple