1,410 results
All reviews latin quarter notre dame luxembourg gardens apple mac great location luxembourg station rooms are small rer b around the corner quiet street superior room watch tv internet access crepes quiet at night cdg airport breakfast room
Reviewed 23 November 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at Hotel Design de la Sorbonne. This was his first trip to Paris - and it was at the tail end of our European vacation- the review starts off when he was still in the States calling to confirm our reservations, he remarked how pleasant the staff he spoke with was (an unusual comment for my husband!). This rang true throughout our stay- I can't say that I have ever had better service, anywhere. The staff is impeccably polite and helpful- if your French isn't up to par you can just try Italian, Spanish, English- etc.- they are equipped to deliver exquisite service to everyone. The dinner recommendations, reservations, and help with additional transport tickets were excellent- we felt at every moment of interaction that we were truly welcomed guests. The room was small: bienvenue to one of the best locations in Paris - but it was beautifully appointed and delightfully accomodative for internet, etc. The botique design was an eye-pleasure! I would stay at this hotel again just for its looks and location, but I WANT to come back because of our wonderful experience with the staff. Thank you so much for your gracious hospitality!

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank columbialane
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Lovely little hotel in an ideal location. After reading reviews we knew it was going to be small but we were pleasantly surprised and what lacked in space made up for in cleanliness and design. We opted for the design deluxe room. Staff very pleasant and no problem speaking English. I can't say enough about the location, direct train to and from the airport, couple of minutes walk from the Luxembourg stop. Had no need to use taxis, buses, metros at any stage. Walked Paris on the Saturday talking in all the sites. Plenty of restaurants and shops on its doorstep. The lift certainly was 'entertaining' in size but it certainly wouldn't stop me from returning.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Location was great. Rooms were small. Reason for 2-star rating is that the bathroom above us was leaking into our bathroom. The shower was all wet and the toilet was all wet because of the bathroom that was leaking above us.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Awaysfromhome
hoteldelasorbonne, Directeur général at Hotel Design Sorbonne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Awaysfromhome,

Many thanks for sharing your experience. We are very sorry for the leak you experienced during your last night with us, and would like to present our sincere apologies again. As soon as we were notified, we had the leak fixed, so future guests will not encounter the same problem.
We hope to have you visit again, and will make sure everything goes perfectly.

Kind regards

David GERMAIN
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 13 November 2012

We were so amazed by Paris in general and this hotel in particular. Arrived on the metro and walked from le jardin de Luxembourg and were greeted first in French and then once they registered our someone confused and 'thinking' faces, in almost perfect English.

They were so helpful, giving us maps and showing us how to get around. The concierge also provided help and a map to get us cheaper Louvre tickets.

The rooms are small by Australian standards but fine by French and most other big European city standards. Room and bathroom had been recently renovated and our large-ish window opened out onto a closed courtyard which was a lovely piece of France.

The lift up to the higher floors is a thing of engineering magic; large enough for two people or one person and a suitcase; certainly not for a family of four with their luggage but there is a wide staircase and we really enjoyed taking it in turns to use the lift when needed.

The location of the hotel is brilliant, with heaps of cafes around for cheap food and the garden, Sorbonne and other attractions nearby. Major metro station at the garden and more in other directions. Shopping all around.

Had a great stay; thanks Hotel Design.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AshAndMog
Reviewed 12 November 2012

So, why did I not give it an excellent rating? We paid for the most affordable room there, and got Room 1 - which interestingly had a bathroom the size of the room (which really says that the room was tiny!).

But besides tripping on my luggage and boyfriend for the 3 days we were there, this hotel was fully awesome! The location was great, being in the middle of shops, sights and the gorgeous Jardin du Luxemborg. The room was equipped with an iMac and free wifi. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

Yes, I would come back to stay, but I'll be paying/asking for a better room.

Room Tip: Room 1 is snug. But it has a massive bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple